Head up display

Heethers replied on 19/11/2019 07:01

Posted on 19/11/2019 07:01

Has anyone got one of these.

l have changed to a motorhome 6 months ago, l have a real problem reading the speedo on my Ducato due to the high driving position, the problem starts around the 30mph its hard to read without looking down, even then its difficult, it helps if l turn the lights on. l can fetch the speed up on the computer directly in front of me on the Ducato instrument panel, but if l require any of the other menus it means changing.l have not yet tried it with the mph menu but will today. Back to the Head up display units his anyone using them and are they reliable l have seen the one in  Halfords for £40 but have seen others on the market that don't require putting the reflective screen on the window screen. what l have seen on youtube seems to be the answer but would rather be convinced by any of you on here who have experience of them. Would love to here your thoughts.

Regards

Heethers

Yorkshire Swan replied on 11/12/2019 09:15

Posted on 11/12/2019 09:15

I'm a convert this is exactly what I was looking for. So easy to fit as Heethers said 10 minutes from opening box to installed and working. 

Cushie replied on 26/11/2022 18:15

Posted on 19/11/2019 07:01 by Heethers

l have changed to a motorhome 6 months ago, l have a real problem reading the speedo on my Ducato due to the high driving position, the problem starts around the 30mph its hard to read without looking down, even then its difficult, it helps if l turn the lights on. l can fetch the speed up on the computer directly in front of me on the Ducato instrument panel, but if l require any of the other menus it means changing.l have not yet tried it with the mph menu but will today. Back to the Head up display units his anyone using them and are they reliable l have seen the one in  Halfords for £40 but have seen others on the market that don't require putting the reflective screen on the window screen. what l have seen on youtube seems to be the answer but would rather be convinced by any of you on here who have experience of them. Would love to here your thoughts.

Regards

Heethers

Posted on 26/11/2022 18:15

I have fitted the M7 OBD2+GPS unit as advertised on  Amazon and demonstrated on YouTube. Takes 5 minutes to fit and a lifetime to understand the instructions, so here is my rewritten short version. I have a full version if you need it.

The projection on your windscreen is bright, clear  and fully adjustable. Had no problem fitting on Fiat Ducato 2.3 multijet 150 Automatic Diesel manufactured 2017.

M7 HUD setting

Watch the image reflected on windscreen to make adjustments.

Vertical long press 5s to enter the menu setting,

Push right or left to make a menu choice (1-11)

vertical press inward (1s) to enter parameter,

push right or left to do a parameter adjustment, press inward( 1s) to return to the main page;

press inward (5s) to save adjustment.

Menu Function Range Description Default

1 Speed 50-100 Adjust left/right to correct 107
2 Rpm Alarm 10-75 Alarm at RPM 75
3 Alarm stages 0-1 0=Off 1+60,80,100.120km.h 0
4 Overspeed Alarm 30-199 Icon will light uo at 150km/h 150
5 Display Mode 0-2 0=High>80 1 displays all info 2 speed 1
6 Brightness 0-11 0 =Auto 1 =Darkest 11 =Brightest 0
7 Speed units 0-1 0=km/h 1=mph 0
8 Temperature 0-1 degrees C/F 0
9 Starting Volts 0-15 If auto off set 13.2V 132
10 Shut down secs 20-199 For start/stop system use 180 secs 20
11 Restore setting 0-1 To set 1 push button Right then
push Down 5 secs to save
Note: manually turn off the HUD when you not used for more than a week.
OBD equipment under power, the standby current is about 20mA, it is recommended to unplug the OBD device if your car will stand time.

JVB66 replied on 26/11/2022 18:17

Posted on 19/11/2019 07:01 by Heethers

Regards

Heethers

Posted on 26/11/2022 18:17

Can you not drop the drivers seat down ,on its adjustments surprised 

Some friends had that problem with their Bailey on a Boxer base and had not realised the drivers seat had up and down adjustment wink

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook