Microwave motorhome advice

Heethers replied on 11/10/2019 10:01

Posted on 11/10/2019 10:01

Hi on our Autotrail t625 we have a cupboard above the cooker with a 240 plug  with a isolation switch, l assume its for a microwave. Not sure if one was fitted and then removed by the original owner before we bought it. My question is do l have to have a special microwave fitted or will standard one be ok. In my Coachman vip 2014 it was in the cupboard, just plugged in, cant quite remember how it was fixed. Will l need to fix the standard one in some way or order the correct microwave with fitting kit.

Heethers

Tammygirl replied on 16/10/2019 11:15

Posted on 15/10/2019 23:16 by rayjsj

Sounds like it is overheating, probably through lack of air circulation. Trouble with factory fitted ones, you are relying on the designers/fitters doing their job correctly and reading the ovens instructions.

I prefer standard (albeit small) generally available oven.Much cheaper too.See my previous posts.

Posted on 16/10/2019 11:15

Agree it overheating but it only does it with Poppadoms, weird.

meldrew replied on 05/11/2019 18:25

Posted on 05/11/2019 18:25

The problem with microwaves are I believe twofold, The need for them to be adequately vented and a micowave that is deemed suitable for use in a motorhome (insurance could be an issue if something went wrong and it was not suitable). The 3 makes usually used are Russell Hobbs, Sharp and Daewoo(not sure they are still available) I would contact the maker of your m/home and ask their advice on aftermarket fitment and then buy it online. Fitting is usually done by removing the existing feet and screwing/bolting to/thro a locker floor, but don't expect it to be rattle free!!

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook