Operating a Bailey Advance without hookup

Prescot46 replied on 08/04/2019 19:37

Posted on 08/04/2019 19:37

I have a Bailey Advance 76-4 with the Seattle Control Panel and the Truma CP Plus panel.  I cannot work out how to operate the CP Plus functions when not hooked up to the mains.  What I need a step by step guide.  Anyone help?

Prescot46 replied on 22/07/2019 20:04

Posted on 22/07/2019 20:04

Took the plunge. Currently touring In France. Joined an organisation called French Passion. This gives you access to hundreds of off-grid sites. There is no charge to use these sites - the majority have no facilities other than access to water.  Stayed on a vineyard south of Blois. Owners very friendly. Invited for a wine tasting and ended up buying a half case of wine.  Whilst there is no obligation to buy it was a great opportunity to buy direct from the producer. 

Fridge & water heater worked perfectly on the gas - it was so simple.

DavidKlyne replied on 22/07/2019 20:55

Posted on 22/07/2019 20:55

Prescot

Glad everything worked out for you and you had a good time. The Truma electronic control panel is great but it does take a bit of getting used to. We have the Alliance and it took me a while to work out the controls.

David 

Prescot46 replied on 23/07/2019 08:14

Posted on 23/07/2019 08:14

It took me nearly 6 months to be able to operate it without fault codes appearing and having to reset each time. Then, I discovered the solution - patience.  Now it works every time!!

young thomas replied on 23/07/2019 14:12

Posted on 23/07/2019 14:12

well done, we've also found the system to be very reliable, none of the regular errors we used to get with the older combi 4E.

a couple of weeks off gridding from tomorrow somthe gas will get a good workout....

as it happens, I still have a 11kg Spanish Repsol bottle last exchanged in March and it simply refuses to run out.....running for many days now on vapour....smile

i also have a full Gaslow on board but have just been waiting for the switchover.....the Repsol terrific value at €14 or so...

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook