Resetting Oil change light Fiat Ducato.

rayjsj replied on 25/08/2019 11:41

Posted on 25/08/2019 11:41

Hello, I always change the filters and oil on my 2014 euro 5 Fiat Ducato myself. How do I reset the 'change oil' message on the dash....very annoying as i know its been done. Is it the same procedure as the Peugeot Boxer ? if not how? long out of warranty and no Fiat Professional dealers close.

Milothedog replied on 25/08/2019 12:08

Posted on 25/08/2019 12:08

This was quite easy to find on Google, if its not  correct for yours then do a more engine/model specific search. cool

RESET OIL SERVICE LIGHT ON FIAT DUCATO:
To turning off the Oil Life Light on Fiat Ducato, conform to the following instructions:

Turn the ignition key to position “ON” without starting the engine
Set the odometer to read total miles.
Press Odometer button until CFG1 appears on the display
Release the odometer button
Hit the odometer button to change different mile intervals
When you have selected the interval, press and hold the odometer button again to reset service light
Turn the ignition Off

rayjsj replied on 27/08/2019 00:27

Posted on 27/08/2019 00:27

Small problem your fix only works on euro4   Pre-2007 cab types. Mine is an X250 NOT an X244. X 250 does not have a odometer button.  Some have said that pressing the throttle pedal turning on ignition and pressing brake pedal seven times might work ???  sounds like black magic to me. Why dont they just add a reset command to the menu list ? instead of flaffing around ?

Grumblewagon replied on 30/08/2019 20:01

Posted on 30/08/2019 20:01

I had my van serviced by a local garage before the service light had come on.     Later when the light appeared I tried the above procedure without any success.  Back to the garage where they tried the same thing - still didn't work.  

They reset it free of charge with their diagnostic computer, pointing out that they couldn't reset it during the service because it hadn't come on.

I've just had the van services and they said that if the light comes on, bring it back and they'll reset it.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook