Roof Cleaning

Youngbunch replied on 26/12/2019 18:35

Posted on 26/12/2019 18:35

Our MH has been parked in drive under trees with the result being a thick layer of tree/leaf sap and a good mix of bird droppings. this is proving very difficult to shift.

I don’t want to use pressure washer with heat as my concern would be forcing water into joints.

Any suggestions on how to clean this would be appreciated. 

Thornsett replied on 03/01/2020 19:03

Posted on 03/01/2020 19:03

For many years, I've used BioPro/Carapak Wash n Wax for an all over wash. I gave up on polish/wax because they were too much hard work for my physical condition. For the tougher problems and detailing, I use Autoglym Caravan & Motorhome cleaner. Not easy to use on the roof, though unless you are mobile and have space.

ABM replied on 03/01/2020 21:23

Posted on 03/01/2020 21:23

With a little touch of humour   If you can obtain the use of a couple or three 5 year olds in onesies and a couple of harnesses safety no 1, then the worlds your oyster and your roof should shine like the sun on Midsummer's Day.

There yet another problem solved  wink

hitchglitch replied on 04/01/2020 08:19

Posted on 02/01/2020 09:32 by Heethers

l don't think l would chance walking on the roof in case you disturbed the sealant, l being 14 stone would not recommend it, plus the safety aspect. l am looking at getting the 10 step fiberglass step ladders so l can reach with the extended brush and shamee l bought, doing it off a ladder at the moment. l find if l do it often enough Auto Glymm keeps it spotless. l have a Auto trail Tribute over head cab which is good 10 ft or more to the top need to be careful, never used to bother me when l was younger worked at 90 metres regularly but at 67 now need to take greater care

Posted on 04/01/2020 08:19

You’re as young as you feel. I’m a lot older and took up ice skating last year! The roof is robust and the sealant is on the edges where you don’t walk. A ladder is fine but difficult to apply elbow grease that way.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook