System error E517H on truma system

GailD15 replied on 18/09/2020 07:55

Posted on 18/09/2020 07:55

Hi, we’ve not has this happen before...on the panel for the Truma heating/power etc system on our Swift Freestyle 612 motorhome, a red system error Notice has come up. I have seen that other motorhomers have said leave the system for 15 minutes before trying to redo anything, I’ve left it overnight but still can’t get my heating or hot water to work. The gas wasn’t switched on but is now and we’ve checked that water runs through the hot water taps. 
Any help or advice would be appreciated, thank you

young thomas replied on 11/05/2021 07:02

Posted on 11/05/2021 07:02

"the two most misunderstood settings on the Combi are Boost and Mix."

i really meant that there are a couple of areas of the unit which are a bit complex and take some in depth manual reading in order to get to the bottom of their ideosynchracies.😀

also, on Mix settings, as the van reaches temperature the gas portion throttles back gradually, eventually leaving the heating just on electric.

if the temp falls for whatever reason and electric alone cant respond sufficiently, then gas gradually kicks back in to support it.

this all happens automatically and there is no need for users to keep switching between gas (or mix) and then electric alone....which is a common reported occurrence.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook