Truma Ultraflow Waterline

Vantagemed replied on 06/11/2019 14:14

Posted on 06/11/2019 14:14

I'm anticipating delivery of a Vantage Med van conversion.  I've seen Truma Ultraflow Waterline advertised here and there on the net, and am wondering about purchasing one.  It seems to be a way of keeping the van hooked up to a mains water supply when on site.  Is this the case?

Has anyone actually used one of these?  Did it work well for you?  

Responses from those with experience of this device greatly appreciated.

Also would appreciate comments from anyone who has used a water hook up about the pros and cons of being hooked up to a water supply while on site.

DavidKlyne replied on 06/11/2019 21:31

Posted on 06/11/2019 21:31

I have just had a quick look at the Truma webpage. It seems to me for that product to work you would have to have a special housing to accept the hose connector? It looks to me as though its a substitute for a submersible pump that goes into the outside water container and would only operate when a tap was turned on. Motorhome generally have built in water tanks so it would be difficult to have a permanent "live" supply? Surely a normal hose between the tap and the motorhome would serve the same purpose as I doubt you would be able to leave the water on all the time? Probably best to wait until you actually get the motorhome so that you can familiarise yourself with the water system.

David

JimE replied on 08/11/2019 11:00

Posted on 08/11/2019 11:00

I had a Truma Ultraflow on my 2007 Autocruise Gleneagle.  

I used a 2 metre length of hose fitted with the ultraflow attachment on one end and a hozelock connector on the other to do the main fill up with water.  I also had another hose with an ultraflow attachment and a submersible pump for topping up on pitch using a Fiamma 23 litre roll tank.

I found the ultraflow system a bit cumbersome as it had a bayonet fitting which was quite stiff and required regular greasing. I left it plugged in to the MH when staying long term in Spain during January/February and just turned the tap on and off again when the onboard tank needed topping up.

Having now changed to a Dethleffs Advantage which has an open water filling point, I just use a hose pipe to fill up initially and a 10 litre watering can to top up on pitch.  It's a lot less hassle than the ultraflow system.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook