Truma water heater problem

gorite replied on 20/11/2020 08:26

Posted on 20/11/2020 08:26

I have a 2013 Ford Tribute T-615 motorhome with an Ultrastore Rapid GE Truma gas and electricity water heater.

It works fine with electricity, but I have a problem with the gas. It will fire up for about 15 seconds then automatically cuts out.

I got it checked out when it went for its habitation check and they said it was fine and sure enough when I got it home and tried it, it was ok.

But on the first trip out a few weeks later I still had the same problem and I cannot get it to work.

Any one got any idea what the problem might be and if I can fix it myself? I have tried all the usual stuff - changing gas cylinder to up the pressure, leaving it and retrying a number of times, ensuring boiler exhaust cover is off etc.

Grateful for any input.

Thank you

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook