Wet? Not yet!

AsyDRabbit replied on 03/11/2019 06:17

Posted on 03/11/2019 06:17

Water is not all around me.

I'm assuming this is due to my ignorance of some basic fact or a malfunction rather than a bad set up, but in brief I bought a motorcaravan a month or so ago. On inspection I tested the taps and spurts came out. I was told they didn't let it sit with water in the tank. Seemed fair enough.

Finally filled my tank and now I can't seem to get the tap, shower, or flush to do much, although the flush does give a weak dribble - unsure if it is getting water or if that's a remnant.

Anyone have recommendations for someone I can take it to to have a look around the Oxford / Northampton area? Or potentially Canterbury as I have some business there to occupy me for a few days. I alsl have a question about a switch if unknown provenance which doesn't seem to do anything, so if they do electricals that's dandy to :)

In case anyone has any suggestions about ways I can help myself, the van is a Fiat Ducato 1998 reg, 2500 cc.

There's a PowerManagement System 3.4 fascia on the electrics, by a company called Plug-in Systems. There's a separate switch with a Malaga Water heater, according to the nameplate, which shows a malfunction light after a few seconds.

Superficial information but ... it's a start right? 🤔😅

rayjsj replied on 11/11/2019 11:16

Posted on 11/11/2019 11:16

Diesel in the fresh water tank is VERY hard to cure, and often results in having to replace the tank. As the water will always now carry a taint of diesel.  One of the prime 'DO NOT DO THIS'  rules of motorhoming. Bad luck.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook