Avtex Customer Service.

SeasideBill replied on 19/08/2019 17:15

Posted on 19/08/2019 17:15

Many here will have Avtex products so I thought I’d comment on their excellent customer service. My 18month old TV packed up last week. I phoned their service desk on Wednesday PM, got straight through to a technician, no quibbling, confirmed it was covered by warranty, offered to collect FOC by courier the next day, collected when they said it would and presumably arrived at their Swansea depot the following day (Friday). Received text message from courier on Saturday confirming repaired TV would be delivered back to me on Monday. Text from Courier on Monday morning stating delivery time between 11:15 and 12:15, it arrived at 11:15, well packaged and in perfect working order. I’m impressed.

Hope this doesn’t constitute advertising!

mickysf replied on 21/08/2019 05:44

Posted on 21/08/2019 05:44

My experience was just the opposite. Remote went faulty, they said no problem at all, just pop in a Jiffy bag and post to them for repair. After several weeks I phoned back to be told they knew nothing of the request and said no remote had arrived with them. No solution or even an offer for me to buy a replacement was made. They wouldn't or couldn't reveal the code either to enter into my sky remote, I wasn't happy at all. 

lornalou1 replied on 21/08/2019 12:51

Posted on 21/08/2019 05:44 by mickysf

My experience was just the opposite. Remote went faulty, they said no problem at all, just pop in a Jiffy bag and post to them for repair. After several weeks I phoned back to be told they knew nothing of the request and said no remote had arrived with them. No solution or even an offer for me to buy a replacement was made. They wouldn't or couldn't reveal the code either to enter into my sky remote, I wasn't happy at all. 

Posted on 21/08/2019 12:51

recorded delivery M, recorded delivery.

mickysf replied on 21/08/2019 16:19

Posted on 21/08/2019 16:19

I've learnt my lesson LL1, I've learnt my lesson. Just sad if her majesty's mail service are to blame for no delivery but Avtex were poor in proffering any solution whatsoever and in denying the initial conversation which offerred that suposed help.

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 21/08/2019 21:49

Posted on 21/08/2019 05:44 by mickysf

Posted on 21/08/2019 21:49

+1, TV issues just out of 1st year-not interested, cold & unhelpful☹️

dmiller555 replied on 22/08/2019 08:03

Posted on 21/08/2019 16:19 by mickysf

I've learnt my lesson LL1, I've learnt my lesson. Just sad if her majesty's mail service are to blame for no delivery but Avtex were poor in proffering any solution whatsoever and in denying the initial conversation which offerred that suposed help.

Posted on 22/08/2019 08:03

If you have your posting receipt you can claim from the post office, about £20 I think. Not a lot I know but it all helps. 

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook