Leaking whale submersible pump

Daisy3 replied on 26/05/2018 23:01

Posted on 26/05/2018 23:01

Help again please.  We are away and I noticed the water flow was poor compared to our previous trip.  Just topped up the aquaroll and discovered a water leak. Where the pump connects to the van the water is pooling rather than all flowing into the pipe, then running down side of van. Guess this explains water flow.  As it's getting water to the connection I assume it's not the submersible pump that is at fault?  Any suggestions please for an easy remedy?  Should I be worried that water might be getting inside the van too?

Thanks

Daisy

richardandros replied on 27/05/2018 04:53

Posted on 27/05/2018 04:53

Daisy - most likely reason is that the "O" rings on the pipe in the socket attached to the van have perished and are not giving a good seal.  Easy job to change them and they are readily available as a standard spare part from most dealers for about £5.  I have just changed the whole socket on our Barcelona after a problem with the integral pressure switch - an easy job which took about 10 minutes and cost me just over £30.

That said - I would have expected that if water is leaking, that you are also having a problem with the pressure switch not shutting off because the pump will be sucking air into the system as well.

SteveL replied on 27/05/2018 08:02

Posted on 27/05/2018 08:02

That said - I would have expected that if water is leaking, that you are also having a problem with the pressure switch not shutting off because the pump will be sucking air into the system as well.

If it has a pressure switch.

Our previous van had micro switches on each tap, so would shut off even with air in the system.

I would agree, the most likely cause is the O rings.

stephen p replied on 17/07/2018 11:09

Posted on 17/07/2018 11:09

Hi Daisy3

Did you ever solve the problem?

Mine is doing the same and replacement O rings made no difference.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook