Portable satellite dish

CaptT replied on 30/05/2018 11:28

Posted on 30/05/2018 11:28

We have used a comag satellite suitcase type kit for some time prob since about 2004 with great success.

Lately over way last 2\3 years the no of stations we can get has got feeds and fewer. Too van out last bankholiday and it wouldn't work at all. Red Sat finder light kept flashing but no stations.

Have been checking thins over but nothing comes to fight bought Sat finder meter which seems to show by beeping presence of stations but no sound of pic to confirm.

I gather comag has gone now so as station in to was preloaded would it be a case of all the info now super seeded  and I need new equiment??  Have the stations moved 

Vulcan replied on 30/05/2018 11:51

Posted on 30/05/2018 11:28 by CaptT

We have used a comag satellite suitcase type kit for some time prob since about 2004 with great success.

Lately over way last 2\3 years the no of stations we can get has got feeds and fewer. Too van out last bankholiday and it wouldn't work at all. Red Sat finder light kept flashing but no stations.

Have been checking thins over but nothing comes to fight bought Sat finder meter which seems to show by beeping presence of stations but no sound of pic to confirm.

I gather comag has gone now so as station in to was preloaded would it be a case of all the info now super seeded  and I need new equiment??  Have the stations moved

Posted on 30/05/2018 11:51

Have  you tried connecting your dish to your house receiver, assuming you have one to eliminate the dish/lnb. And visa versa, connecting the Comag to your house dish.

Woody19 replied on 14/07/2018 20:35

Posted on 30/05/2018 11:28 by CaptT

Posted on 14/07/2018 20:35

Are you finding the Astra 28.2E cluster? It is <very> easy to find the Astra 19.2E cluster instead which will give you a good signal but no programmes.

If this is the case you need to move the dish slightly left (viewed from behind) and tilt it down a bit to find Astra 28.2E.

If you have an Android smartphone, download the free Satellite Director which will show you exactly where the satellite is in the sky. Note that the dish reception is is elevated, that is if the dish is vertical it will actually be looking 25 degrees above vertical for a signal.

DavidKlyne replied on 14/07/2018 23:08

Posted on 14/07/2018 23:08

Satellites(in the sky) often have programmes moved. My roof top system controller needed a software upgrade recently as I had lost all channels all of a sudden. You would need to search online to see if you can still get upgrades for the Comag. How old is your TV? There are several makes that have inbuilt satellite receivers.

David

peedee replied on 15/07/2018 07:00

Posted on 15/07/2018 07:00

There have been a lot of changes since 2004, new satellites and new transponder frequencies, plus changes in coding and polarity.  You probably need any new transponder frequencies and other changes programmed  into your receiver  for reception. If you are able to access the menu to change and add new frequencies this is what you may need to do. Consult your handbook and >Lynsat< to check. 

If you are using a skybox and have changed to sky Q I think you may have to change your LNB to receive all channels.

peedee

ocsid replied on 15/07/2018 12:27

Posted on 15/07/2018 12:27

My starting point would be follow Vulcan's advice and see if anyone could let you set the unit up on a pre aligned dish; a Sky user or any of us on site would be suitable.

Then set up the Comag to Astra 28.2 an get it to do a rescan of the channels. Hopefully it should still work and will then retain all the current setting.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook