Short-term Storage

KnutsinMay replied on 29/06/2019 22:05

Posted on 29/06/2019 22:05

We are soon to embark on what we hope will be a near all year round caravan touring venture in the UK. There will be a few occasions when we would be looking to return to our 'home' area for either a few days at a time or maybe up to a fortnight at most. However, I cannot seem to find any suitable secure storage sites that are willing to accommodate us. Those I have inquired with so  far simply tell me that I would either have to pay a full 12 months storage fee (or 6 months at least). In my case that is simply a non-starter as i would probably only be using the facility for a few weeks each year. Are there no secure sites that take short-term storage bookings?  I find this rather surprising, particularly outside of winter months, as many of these sites would surely have plenty of unoccupied spaces that they could earn extra income from if they accepted the odd days or weeks from people such as ourselves.  Can anybody help us with this please (I'm particularly interested in finding a suitable place in the North Lincolnshire/North Nottinghamshire area)?  

SteveL replied on 01/07/2019 10:31

Posted on 01/07/2019 10:31

I find this rather surprising, particularly outside of winter months, as many of these sites would surely have plenty of unoccupied spaces that they could earn extra income from if they accepted the odd days or weeks from people such as ourselves.

Although the spaces are unoccupied, they are still paid for. Our storage site is only about half full through the summer. However, they will be different spaces, as folk come and go.

eurortraveller replied on 01/07/2019 22:17

Posted on 01/07/2019 09:08 by KnutsinMay

Thanks JVB.  Yes, that was an option I had in mind to explore next. 

Posted on 01/07/2019 22:17

You can explore it via UKCampsite.co.uk - in their Campsite Search section there is an option to look at sites offering storage - shown and listed county by county on a map.  

DaveandVicki replied on 05/07/2019 10:03

Posted on 05/07/2019 10:03

You could try Oakhill Leisure at Norton Disney near Lincoln (just off A46)

They advertise "On Campsite Daily: £8 (without electricity)(short-term)"
To explain that, they also have storage away from the campsite.

OAKHILL LEISURE
SWINDERBY ROAD
NORTON DISNEY
LINCOLN
LN6 9QG

PHONE:
01522 868771

MOBILE:
07582 042445

EMAIL:
INFO@OAKHILL-LEISURE.CO.UK
(SITE OFFICE)

RON@OAKHILL-LEISURE.CO.UK
(MANAGER)

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook