Audi A4 Avant multitronic

winni1974 replied on 25/01/2015 20:11

Posted on 25/01/2015 20:11

i changed my car recently and have just had a tow bar fitted with dedicated electrics so i thought i would hitch up the caravan this weekend and so how she performs well not very well was the verdit there seems to be plenty of power although i didnt push it too hard as there is only 1100 miles on the clock but once i was on the motorway i was all over the place swaying about and when i was over taking it was even worse but even worse than that i had filled the car full of fuel before i set off and when i returned i had refulled to see how it had done since i could see the fuel gauge moving whilst i was driving and i was right to be concerned 14.4mpg not good. i need advice am i doing something wrong should i have done more miles running the engine in ??????????

lornalou1 replied on 28/07/2019 14:20

Posted on 28/07/2019 14:20

did you weight the nose of the van and was it packed correctly, were the tyres at correct pressure on both. there a lots of thing that could cause a sway and narrowing down could take a while.

allanandjean replied on 28/07/2019 14:53

Posted on 28/07/2019 14:53

“I was all over the place and when overtaking.............” whilst more details would be useful what speed were you doing? As said many reasons why van might sway and as for the MPG what engine do you have?

Vulcan replied on 28/07/2019 15:17

Posted on 25/01/2015 20:11 by winni1974

i changed my car recently and have just had a tow bar fitted with dedicated electrics so i thought i would hitch up the caravan this weekend and so how she performs well not very well was the verdit there seems to be plenty of power although i didnt push it too hard as there is only 1100 miles on the clock but once i was on the motorway i was all over the place swaying about and when i was over taking it was even worse but even worse than that i had filled the car full of fuel before i set off and when i returned i had refulled to see how it had done since i could see the fuel gauge moving whilst i was driving and i was right to be concerned 14.4mpg not good. i need advice am i doing something wrong should i have done more miles running the engine in ??????????

Posted on 28/07/2019 15:17

How heavy is your van, the  A4 Avant multitronic is not a heavy vehicle.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook