Green Flag vs RAC Arrival

munro21 replied on 29/08/2020 06:52

Posted on 29/08/2020 06:52

Hi,  I am with RAC at the moment and have just got the renewal, and they have put up it up by £30.85.  It will be a phone call to RAC to see if they will being the price down, if not then it will be Green Flag.  Has anybody had any experience with either Green Flag or RAC.  Thanks

Oxfordeagle15 replied on 10/10/2020 15:09

Posted on 10/10/2020 15:09

Have Green Flag with my bank account.

Cannot speak highly enough of them when the car (one from Germany with a star on the bonnet) hit a motorway pothole in France and punctured the rear air suspension pipe. 

GF European picked up the cost to tow us off the motorway to a local garage (cost over €450 as two vehicles - car and caravan) and then again two trucks the following day to take the car to dealer in Dijon and caravan to a local site which they had booked for us.

They then provided hire car for five days during the repair time, and even sent a taxi to collect me from campsite to the local enterprise hire office to collect the rental car.  Kept in touch with us all the time ensuring repair was proceeding without problems.

No there was no cover for the repair bill but reckon GF charges must have exceed £1200.

Hope this helps with your thought processes.

DSB replied on 12/10/2020 00:01

Posted on 12/10/2020 00:01

We have Mayday cover (which uses the Green Flag network) and have been really pleased with the service.  We have Personal Cover which mean both the wife and myself are covered in any car as a driver or passenger.  Not only do we get things like 'double journey'  to reunite you with your caravan before recovery, and caravan recovery to storeage/ car to garage or home, but, though it is not guaranteed, we have always been able to take our small dog in the recovery vehicle.  Other providers don't allow this (they have to stay I the car) - with Mayday it is at the descretion of the driver.

David

yellowbelly replied on 12/10/2020 15:42

Posted on 12/10/2020 15:42

If you have breakdown cover with a bank or as part of a car manufacturer's roadside assistance programme check if it covers recovery of a caravan or if there is a caravan length restriction.

At least with Mayday you know what you are paying for and it offers cover specially tailored for members.

bill replied on 14/10/2020 07:22

Posted on 14/10/2020 07:22

RAC used to have a length limit.  Also check whether your recovery service will recover the trailer/caravan if the tow vehicle is OK.  Some won't.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook