hyundai i800

colin replied on 12/03/2017 21:03

Posted on 12/03/2017 21:03

Great towcar. Would thoroughly recommend one. Plenty of legroom and space for teenagers. 8 proper seats, which do not remove, except with a spanner. 2 ton plus towing capacity. Tows our Adria with very little effort. Fuel consumption variable. Up to late 30's, almost 40 driver only. Down in mid twenties or less if pushed over sixty loaded. Minimal difference in consumption towing or not. Fuel tank can give over 400 miles in usual conditions. Luggage capacity huge. You can fit two full size fridges / washing machines in the boot. Rear wheel drive. Can be lively with no load in slippery conditions. Drives like a van. An observation rather than a complaint.  Accept it's limitations in handling and it is great. We have had ours since 2011 from new and 80000 miles. Post 2014 (?) has six speeds, but less power, 134 BHP, than the older 168 BHP five speed. I understand it is the same engine down-rated to get below the road fund licence thresholds. Watch out for lunar mileage ex-minicabs. 250,000 miles is not unusual. Rarely seen by the RAC. I asked one of their patrols and he had not heard of attending one.

Best of luck with your choice.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook