Hyundai Service Plans

MGM replied on 05/11/2019 12:54

Posted on 05/11/2019 12:54

Hi - did you buy a new Santa Fee in 2017 under Hyundai's affinity scheme  if so you may have been influenced by the offer of two years free servicing as advertised in the Club Magazine.

Rather than placing your reliance in the Hyundai advertisement in good faith as i did you my wish to check if your service plan was a Hyundai Plan or a plan offered by the dealership selling your car - not being aware of this "small print"  has recently cost me a further £398 to purchase a second year service following the closure of the dealership where i bought my car.

This may apply to any dealership plan in the same circumstances - you may wish to check your own current pre-paid servicing arrangements - forewarned is forearmed as Hyundai in my circumstances is not interested in the reimbursement of the costs citing dealer responsibility.

A very disappointing end for me to a long relationship with Hyundai.

Tinwheeler replied on 05/11/2019 13:21

Posted on 05/11/2019 13:21

Thanks for the heads up, MGM.

I think, though, that it is definitely the dealer's responsibility to make good your loss and it may be worth tracking them down and submitting a claim. I can’t say I blame Hyundai for not wanting to know as it was a dealership product, not a Hyundai one.

JVB66 replied on 05/11/2019 15:06

Posted on 05/11/2019 15:06

Interesting as hyundai is the parent company of Kia and our 3yr service plan was direct with Kia although not "free",was far cheaper than the dealers service plan,and when later servicing/parts it is also cheaper via Kia ,and I have been "assured"that the service is Identical although cheaper,and a 3 year service for our Sportage was a lot less than as your post

Cornersteady replied on 09/11/2019 19:23

Posted on 09/11/2019 19:23

Thanks for the head up MGM. I wouldn't turn away from the brand if this is the only reason, just make sure you get a Hyundai one next time?

I've found the warranties of Hyundai/Kia to be great. Our old small Hyundai Getz needed a light stalk and blower rheostat replacing just after four years and it was done no quibble.

On Friday our two year old Sorrento went in as they had found minor corrosion/blisters on the alloy wheels, I was expecting a repair but I was very surprised to find they had put four brand new alloys on. Looks great!

IanTG replied on 12/11/2019 17:44

Posted on 12/11/2019 17:44

I bought my Santa Fe in 2016, and I don’t think there was a CMHC affinity scheme then? Using carwow as a lever on price, my local Hyundai garage met the best price nationwide, which I was quite happy with.

i did enquire about the service plan, but the salesman said “the plan is not good value, as the service interval is so long, you’re better off paying each time”. So I did.

I’m not a high mileage driver, car is now just over 3 years with 33k, and not a thing wrong. Still on original tyres and discs.

i guess you pays your money..........

Wanderer19TB replied on 27/11/2019 17:30

Posted on 27/11/2019 17:30

What you will experience is when your car is out of warranty the service costs go down. Next time you have it serviced and the four year service could be a big one, ask them for service prices for year 6,7,8. 

dave the rave replied on 27/11/2019 21:16

Posted on 09/11/2019 19:23 by Cornersteady

Thanks for the head up MGM. I wouldn't turn away from the brand if this is the only reason, just make sure you get a Hyundai one next time?

I've found the warranties of Hyundai/Kia to be great. Our old small Hyundai Getz needed a light stalk and blower rheostat replacing just after four years and it was done no quibble.

On Friday our two year old Sorrento went in as they had found minor corrosion/blisters on the alloy wheels, I was expecting a repair but I was very surprised to find they had put four brand new alloys on. Looks great!

Posted on 27/11/2019 21:16

I have a Sorento first registered in 2015.my "local kia dealer" was until this year 55 miles away but it was worth the journey to have my wheel rims replaced under the excellent warranty.That dealership has ,unfortunately,gone to the wall this year.I now have 2 dealerships to go to,nearest is 85 miles away and the other about 100 miles away.It is now debateable as to whether it is worth the hassle of a double journey for most warranty work...trip there to diagnose and return 170 miles and same again when the work is approved and parts to hand.Luckely I did not take the service plan and I use a local garage BUT...this years MOT needed a pair of trailing arm bushes I paid local repairer £300 ish for this work which could well have been warranty!

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook