Kia Sorrento Auto

bluerocket5 replied on 03/04/2021 13:32

Posted on 03/04/2021 13:32

Hello All

I am looking to upgrade from a single axle to a twin axle with an MTPLM if 1800kg 

I drive a 2018 Sorento auto with 100kg hitch capacity,  is any one out there driving with same vehicle same van mtplm and if so how do you find the car copes with the weight of the van when car caravan fully loaded 

Any feedback would be helpful 

Many Thanks All

allanandjean replied on 10/04/2021 14:13

Posted on 10/04/2021 14:13

"Looks good? In the eye of the beholder, I suppose. The only practical use that I can see is keeping some of the road dirt off the sides of the car."

The only problem with keeping the mud off the sides of the car is it is just waiting to deposit it on your trousers!

Rufs replied on 10/04/2021 17:10

Posted on 10/04/2021 17:10

"I now see that KIA has brought out the "EV" all electric vehicle with a range of over 500kms before charging required (fast charging as well) and claim it has a towing capability of 1600kgs but no price given!"

and i have just read a very good article on the charging infrastructure in the UK for the said EV's, nightmare, e.g. it would appear Tesla have their own charging points that can only be used by Tesla EV's, BP charge you 5pence more per Kw if you pay by credit card rather than using their app or their web site, and i gave up reading when they started talking about the different connectors various cars are fitted with, no standardisation etc seems like a nightmare and not like now, diesel/petrol, where you can pull into any filling station and top up. It would appear to me that we have a long way to go before you could use an EV to travel from Cornwall to Aberdeen without doing some serious planning, not for me just yet.undecided

JVB66 replied on 10/04/2021 19:07

Posted on 10/04/2021 19:07

A few days ago on one of the morning dog walkers social distancing conferences (dogs excepted) in this area it was a majority vote that Hibrids is the way forward for many years into the future ,  unless huge amounts of money are invested in being more user friendly in so much as charging  at home for EVs is availble which for this area is at the moment impossible,

Extugger replied on 11/04/2021 09:02

Posted on 11/04/2021 09:02

I tow with the same vehicle and tow an 1800 kg van with single axle. I've covered over 10000 miles towing in UK and Europe and have found the vehicle utterly reliable and rock solid. I tow with a ball weight of around 90-95kg. The car is worthy of all the awards it's won and the cavernous interior allows for carrying all those additional heavy items, including the kitchen sink. Enjoy your new 'van smile

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook