Petrol and Diesel Cars to be Banned by 2040

kevinhrc1 replied on 26/07/2017 00:34

Posted on 26/07/2017 00:34

Is this the end of caravan, with the news diesels and petrol engines cars  will not be available to buy after the year 2040, I cant see electric vehicles having the power to tow large caravans any real distance and what about a motorhome's  does the government realise what they are proposing, and what it will do to the caravan industry I don't think they have thought  this one through can you imagine how big the vehicle would have to be to carry enough  battery's to tow a twin wheel caravan and all that goes with it some of these moterhome's would weigh 5 ton I think a E petition should be set up by the caravan club  so this can be heard in the house of commons and be debated properly they are forcing people of the road these  electric vehicles will not be as cheap as the vehicles you can buy now the mind boggles

Richard M Moore replied on 13/02/2020 15:11

Posted on 13/02/2020 15:11

I'm thinking of buying a second hand Volvo V60 diesel electric hybrid to do my short daily trips on electric and be able to tow our caravan with MTPLM of 1500 kg. You seem to pay a lot more for the d6 and I wonder if the extra power is needed. Has anyone any experience with the d5 or d6 version they could share? 

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook