Subaru Forester

Big Blue replied on 01/08/2019 07:53

Posted on 01/08/2019 07:53

Morning all

Are there any Subaru Forester drivers out there? I'm thinking of getting an XT 2 litre petrol turbo but I would love to hear your views on any variant of the car in general and also how it tows. Please also tell me which model and age of Forester you have and the MTPLM of what you tow.

Many thanks

1motorhome replied on 10/08/2019 09:31

Posted on 10/08/2019 09:31

Saw 19 plate one on CL recently with medium size caravan.

The owner said that he has owned 5 Subarus. Very pleased with them and does most of their touring in winter, including Alps.

He did comment that the petrol is a little breathless compared to earlier diesel.

Sorry that I can't be more helpful technically.

flatcoat replied on 10/08/2019 10:56

Posted on 10/08/2019 10:56

I know some Subaru dealers are giving up the franchise since they withdrew the diesels. Some were selling 98% diesels often to people who tow horse boxes and the petrol just doesn’t cut it, no ooomph. 

redface replied on 10/08/2019 20:22

Posted on 10/08/2019 20:22

Had a Forrester, 2ltr turbo petrol, for some 11 years. It was at one time 'Tow Car of the Year.'

Towed my SWIFT, ECCLES ONYX beautifully - however the gremlins got into the Engine Management System - yellow warning lights everywhere. None of them making any sense.

Going round the M25/M3 decided it was not pulling as well as it should, pulled into a service station, called green flag who insisted that despite a mis-fire I could safely go on with my journey.

500 yards later engine gave up on me.

I have now gone for an X-trail, diesel and am more than happy with that 

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook