Tesla Towcar

AndySwinton replied on 04/02/2020 12:51

Posted on 04/02/2020 12:51

Does anyone on here actually tow with a Tesla Electric car,  and if so what is the experience like, what kind of range do you get, how do you handle charging whilst towing etc.

I saw in the latest magazine that 1% of cars on site are either electric or hybrid, and it named the Tesla X  as one of those. 

Curious to understand what the experience is like.

We have a Leaf for running around town etc as our second car and love it, obviously can't tow with it but with the new announcement from the government today, the time when we may need to look at it has come a little closer.

JVB66 replied on 06/02/2020 13:54

Posted on 06/02/2020 13:38 by

I remember them in Walsall, it was great fun smileseeing the conductor (remember them) get out with a very long pole to put the trolley bus " arm" back onto the overhead cables when they became detached as they often seemed to do.

Posted on 06/02/2020 13:54

I think the only time i saw the trolley being altered by the conductors was at some junctions,where there was not a lever to alter the ohl 

as posted EVs today could use catenary as on the railways ,with non connected pantographs which do not need the "trolley" as with the electric "trolley" bus to be connected

Tigi replied on 06/02/2020 20:03

Posted on 06/02/2020 07:55 by cyberyacht

A quick Google suggests that it takes 41 hours on a domestic supply not 12 hours, so you can only drive it every other day unless you can find a "super-charger".

Posted on 06/02/2020 20:03

This came from the Mercedes site but not exactly clear (without an in depth study) whether you need extra equipment such as a wall box to achieve this. 

lornalou1 replied on 07/02/2020 12:29

Posted on 07/02/2020 12:29

trolley buses, trams, have none of you ever been to Blackpool/Fleetwood. Now all cities are thinking or have got what we have never got rid off. as they say "what goes round comes around"

KeefySher replied on 07/02/2020 14:37

Posted on 07/02/2020 12:29 by lornalou1

trolley buses, trams, have none of you ever been to Blackpool/Fleetwood. Now all cities are thinking or have got what we have never got rid off. as they say "what goes round comes around"

Posted on 07/02/2020 14:37

Or 'back to the future' tongue-out

rayjsj replied on 07/02/2020 22:37

Posted on 07/02/2020 22:37

God help us, if a static Caravan a Yurt or a pokey Tear drop caravan are all we are to be allowed in this Utopian 'cool planet' future ? I hope I am pushing up daisies long before it all 'Occurs' as they say in Gavin n Stacey.

I already own my LAST motorhome as I have no intention of paying vast amounts of punitive tax to buy a new 'cleaner' one ??? surely that is 'arse about face' for encouraging cleaner vehicles ?

My mother-in-law used to be a clippie on Trolley buses that used to run from Stonebridge Park.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook