Thinking of a change

biggsy replied on 06/05/2019 09:58

Posted on 06/05/2019 09:58

I tow with Honda crv great car ,thought I might change to a Discovery sport manual has any body towed with this.i,m a bit worried about reliability Thanks

Rufs replied on 14/08/2019 09:06

Posted on 14/08/2019 09:06

Oh, if you decide to go for a used one, filter your search to bring up ones with towing equipment and you will get loads. A factory fitted hook is a bonus.

be careful what you wish for, a lot of these have been used and abused, i speak with some authority, having lived off road in Scotland for 14 years and having had 3 Discoveries, I am an abuser, and when i moved south and had first MOT garage asked if i had lived in Scotland as it needed some serious welding underneath, root cause double whacks of salt on roads in winter, i also used to have to traverse a stream to get out of property so underneath always wet, and a lot have been used by farmers to tow a range of vehicles including pulling tractors out of fields. And some, shock horror, have been used for "off road experience" training or just for fun.   

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook