Have the first night on us

crown green bowler replied on 18/01/2020 17:29

Posted on 18/01/2020 17:29

Some friends of our's enjoy camping with there two young children,  they have a new air pole tent and all the correct equipment.   So they joined the Caravan and Motorhome Club this week.  On the clubs website it stated that if you join you get the first night free on any club site,  so they joined and phoned the clubs head office to claim the first free nights deal,   only to be told that it's only for caravans and motorhomes . I fail to see the difference if they have paid the £54 membership and site fees on a tent pitch.   They have now cancelled the membership the day after and will go some were else.   What a great way to get new members.

Tyke replied on 22/08/2020 12:47

Posted on 22/08/2020 12:47

Content has been removed.

replied on 24/02/2021 19:08

Posted on 22/08/2020 12:45 by Tyke

You must be a youngster. When we first joined you had to be proposed by an existing member. Now there’s posh!

Posted on 24/02/2021 19:08

And supply a separate reference?

'This young man has ideas and ambitions above his station; furthermore, he is a cad and a bounder and a rank outsider to boot ...' sealed

A. Mainwaring

Bank Manager & Captain, Home Guard, Warmington on Sea Brigade

Sadly, I am old enough to have worked in a Bank during the time when Banker's References were requuired and old enough to remember language of the type in my fictitous Mainwaring reply being used!

Steve

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 24/05/2021 08:31

Posted on 24/02/2021 19:08 by

And supply a separate reference?

'This young man has ideas and ambitions above his station; furthermore, he is a cad and a bounder and a rank outsider to boot ...' sealed

A. Mainwaring

Bank Manager & Captain, Home Guard, Warmington on Sea Brigade

Sadly, I am old enough to have worked in a Bank during the time when Banker's References were requuired and old enough to remember language of the type in my fictitous Mainwaring reply being used!

Steve

Posted on 24/05/2021 08:31

Geez what a joy it is that we’ve moved on from that level of inequality & entitlement. Thanks SM, interesting info👍🏻

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook