2021 Monthly Open and Closed CL List

CLMaddie replied on 12/02/2021 09:44

Posted on 12/02/2021 09:44

Hi All

This sticky will provide the list of any CL sites which have opened or closed from the previous month in 2021. All of these will appear in the monthly magazine as well but this will show 2 months later.

I will provide a link to any new CL sites and list them as 'County - Listing Town - CL site'.

If you have any questions please comment in this discussion and I will get back to you. 

Thanks

Maddie

DavidKlyne replied on 16/03/2021 15:18

Posted on 16/03/2021 12:02 by harryb

Furze Farm in Louth only appears to be closed for building work. Their website states "Temporarily closed". and states that new individual washrooms/toilets are being built and looks to be working towards 21st May to reopen.It is sill showing it as a cl.

So does it warrant a listing above under Sites Closed, which is not totally accurate if the site is just closed for a short period of redevelopment. Surely a not to that effect could have been made against their name.

Posted on 16/03/2021 15:18

Harry

I thought Furze Farm were converting to a slightly larger campsite and would no longer operate as a CL?

David

harryb replied on 16/03/2021 16:32

Posted on 16/03/2021 15:18 by DavidKlyne

Harry

I thought Furze Farm were converting to a slightly larger campsite and would no longer operate as a CL?

David

Posted on 16/03/2021 16:32

Yes it looks like that. The web site shows a new site plan with a further 14 new pitches. It also says it welcomes CAMC members which it wouldn't do if it was still a cl. 

The pricing structure shows an extra of £5 per night from Fri/Sun and a departure time of 10am

I think that rules me out

If these closures showed a reason then this could have save the confusion from the start

nelliethehooker replied on 16/03/2021 20:43

Posted on 16/03/2021 20:43

Canvas Farm, Thirsk had a commercial site adjacent to it and we were last there, so I guess that it's now incorporated into that. Hillside Caravan Park has the same post code and directions as Canvas Farm.

Nutley Farm, Dorchester appears to be an old CL that has reopened, as it has reviews from 2017 and 2018, and even Willow Ponds, Market Weighton, has reviews from last year.

CLMaddie replied on 15/04/2021 14:20

Posted on 15/04/2021 14:20

Hi All

The please see below a list of sites which opened and closed in March.

I have listed them by County, Listing town then CL site

Sites opened in March. Please note, some of these sites were former CL sites that have decided to reopen.

Sites closed in March

• Kent - Dover - Court Lodge
  • Norfolk - North Walsham - Parrs Farm
  • Northumberland - Alnwick - Pippins Park
  • Northumberland - Bellingham - Chesterhope
  • Worcestershire - Worcester - Elgar's View

Thanks

Maddie

CLMaddie replied on 19/05/2021 10:59

Posted on 19/05/2021 10:59

Hi All

The please see below a list of sites which opened and closed in April.

I have listed them by County, Listing town then CL site

Sites opened in April. Please note, some of these sites were former CL sites that have decided to reopen.

Sites closed in April.

• Derbyshire - Bakewell - Tagg Lane Dairy
  • Gloucestershire - Cheltenham - Home Farm
  • Somerset - Frome - May Cottage
  • Staffordshire - Tamworth - Bournebrook Farm

Thanks

Maddie

Wherenext replied on 19/05/2021 21:24

Posted on 19/05/2021 21:24

Thanks once again Maddie.

A few things strike me having looked at the sites, namely 

1. Tagg Lane is still operating, presumably as an independent. Saw some caravans tyere when we passed a couple of weeks ago.

2. Washingpool Farm. They're having a laugh, aren't they? £20 for a farm field, no EHU and pre booking. No information details about the area or site given at all. No chance. Seems they are not even interested.

3. Anyone found May Cottage yet?

4. 7 new Enhanced CLs. £20 min seems to be the norm here.

nelliethehooker replied on 28/05/2021 20:39

Posted on 19/05/2021 21:24 by Wherenext

Thanks once again Maddie.

A few things strike me having looked at the sites, namely 

1. Tagg Lane is still operating, presumably as an independent. Saw some caravans tyere when we passed a couple of weeks ago.

2. Washingpool Farm. They're having a laugh, aren't they? £20 for a farm field, no EHU and pre booking. No information details about the area or site given at all. No chance. Seems they are not even interested.

3. Anyone found May Cottage yet?

4. 7 new Enhanced CLs. £20 min seems to be the norm here.

Posted on 28/05/2021 20:39

Thanks again Maddie.

It would appear that May Cottage closed in July 2020, but they do have a converted cattle shed you can rent!!wink

Two of the site listed as new are in fact old sites that have reopened :- Wallthwaite, Troutbeck, Cumbria and Moss Cottage, Whitchurch, Shropshire.

Agree about the price hike, wonder if the CC have again had a hand in suggesting those inflated prices.

This is the link for Tagg Lane Dairy site if any one is interested ......https://www.tagglanedairy.com

Cherokee2015 replied on 29/05/2021 18:37

Posted on 28/05/2021 20:39 by nelliethehooker

Thanks again Maddie.

It would appear that May Cottage closed in July 2020, but they do have a converted cattle shed you can rent!!wink

Two of the site listed as new are in fact old sites that have reopened :- Wallthwaite, Troutbeck, Cumbria and Moss Cottage, Whitchurch, Shropshire.

Agree about the price hike, wonder if the CC have again had a hand in suggesting those inflated prices.

This is the link for Tagg Lane Dairy site if any one is interested ......https://www.tagglanedairy.com

Posted on 29/05/2021 18:37

Yes agree - I noticed that starting prices seem to £18 as the norm.  To be charitable I wonder if it’s due to an increase in energy prices but I think it’s more to do with CMC recommending higher prices.   I once asked about this as was categorically told that the CMC don’t do that 😉. Yeah right! 

CLMaddie replied on 01/06/2021 10:09

Posted on 01/06/2021 10:09

Hi All

CLs are independent business who decide their nightly rates. 

As with any business they do experience increases in prices for Electricity and other facilities and therefore may need to increase their own prices to cover this.

The Caravan and Motorhome Club does not get any percentage of the CL's money and does not have any involvement in CL Owners choices to increase their prices.

Thanks

Maddie

nelliethehooker replied on 01/06/2021 18:55

Posted on 01/06/2021 18:55

It wasn't the increase in prices that was being  questioned but the price that new CL's are charging, Maddie. The norm it seems  these days is in the region of £18, and that price must be suggested to the new owners by someone.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook