2022 Monthly Open and Closed CL List

CLMaddie replied on 25/03/2022 16:29

Posted on 25/03/2022 16:29

Hi All

This sticky will provide the list of any CL sites which have opened or closed from the previous month in 2022. All of these will appear in the monthly magazine as well but this will show 2 months later.

I will provide a link to any new CL sites and list them as 'County - Listing Town - CL site'.

We now have a dedicated page on the website which will show the most recently opened CL sites and will be updated monthly.

If you have any questions please comment in this discussion and I will get back to you. 

Thanks

Maddie

redface replied on 14/05/2022 22:50

Posted on 14/05/2022 22:50

Hi Maddie

Would it be possible for you to include the sites reference number, as on the map and in the handbook?

That way would save us a lot of time when updating our handbooks and maps.

Oneputt replied on 15/05/2022 10:59

Posted on 14/05/2022 21:13 by Bakers2

Interesting to see a new Essex site. Curious so checked out the listing.

It's at Bradwell on Sea, that's the actual address! Burnham on Crouch is a minimum 20 minute drive away according to Google Maps. Who labels the destination for the CL?

Both places are worth a visit, the new CL being within walking distance of the ancient St Peters Church well worth a look. Still a place of pilgrimage.

Posted on 15/05/2022 10:59

Closer to half hour B2.  Went from Burnham to St Peter’s Church just 6 weeks ago.  When we got to the church there was an orchestra playing.  Manage to fly the drone and get overhead pic's.  The new CL doesn’t have EHU

nelliethehooker replied on 15/05/2022 20:01

Posted on 14/05/2022 21:13 by Bakers2

Interesting to see a new Essex site. Curious so checked out the listing.

It's at Bradwell on Sea, that's the actual address! Burnham on Crouch is a minimum 20 minute drive away according to Google Maps. Who labels the destination for the CL?

Both places are worth a visit, the new CL being within walking distance of the ancient St Peters Church well worth a look. Still a place of pilgrimage.

Posted on 15/05/2022 20:01

B2, what I think they have done is just pick the CM0 of the site's post code which includes Burnham, a town that they have listed in the Site Directory while Bradwell isn't.

Edit In actual fact the CM0 area is the whole of the peninsula East of a line roughly from Steeple Bay to Creeksea, and includes Southminster too.

davetommo replied on 15/05/2022 20:57

Posted on 15/05/2022 10:59 by Oneputt

Closer to half hour B2.  Went from Burnham to St Peter’s Church just 6 weeks ago.  When we got to the church there was an orchestra playing.  Manage to fly the drone and get overhead pic's.  The new CL doesn’t have EHU

Posted on 15/05/2022 20:57

No EHU and £18. That’s what I call robbery.

CLMaddie replied on 07/07/2022 16:59

Posted on 07/07/2022 16:59

Hi All

The please see below a list of sites which opened and closed in May and June.

I have listed them by County, Listing town then CL site.

Sites opened in May.

Sites opened in June.

Sites closed in May.

• Cornwall - Launceston - Carey Gate
  • East Riding of Yorkshire - Hull - Willow Lodge Caravan Park
  • Oxfordshire - Wantage - Andersey Farm
  • Shropshire - Whitchurch - Moss Cottage Shropshire

Sites closed in June.

• Cambridgeshire - Cambridge - The Missing Sock
  • Cheshire - Frodsham - Easter Cottage
  • Derbyshire - Ashbourne - Pike House Farm
  • Derbyshire - Buxton - Street Farm
  • East Sussex - Hailsham - Cobbs
  • Lancashire - Chorley - Allanson Hall Farm
  • North Yorkshire - Filey Newbiggin - East Farm
  • Pembrokeshire - Newport - Penlan
  • Shropshire - Cleobury Mortimer - Bluestone Farm
  • Suffolk - Saxmundham - 3 Maples Park
  • Wrexham - Ruabon - Hafod Farm

Thanks

Maddie

CLMaddie replied on 09/08/2022 14:22

Posted on 09/08/2022 14:22

Hi All

The please see below a list of sites which opened and closed in July.

I have listed them by County, Listing town then CL site. Sites with a * next to the CL name were previous sites that closed and have now decided to reopen as a CL.

Sites opened in July

Sites closed in July

• Denbighshire - Ruthin - The Ship On
  • Dorset - Dorchester - Benville Nursery
  • Leicestershire - Loughborough - Ryecroft Farm
  • Lincolnshire - Horncastle - The Durham Ox
  • North Yorkshire - Thirsk - The White O'morn
  • Somerset - Langport - Oak Farm
  • South Yorkshire - Sheffield - Cow Gap Cottage
  • Warwickshire - Stratford Upon Avon - Hollow Meadow
  • West Yorkshire - Halifax- Willow Valley Golf and Country Club

Thanks

Maddie

Johnny57 replied on 09/08/2022 17:23

Posted on 09/08/2022 17:23

Thanks Maddie great news on new off-grid sites 9 opened and only one closed cool
If any of the new off-grid sites would like to join Facebook - Caravan & Motorhome Off-Grid Group (CAMOGG) and give your site a mention to 21,000+ members please pop over & join us 
https://www.facebook.com/groups/CAMOGG

harryb replied on 09/08/2022 20:13

Posted on 09/08/2022 20:13

Just a thought on off-grid cl's. The title is fairly straight forward but to put another slant on it, what if a site has ehu but to be paid by a meter card. Will that constitute and off-grid cl for those that want it to.

Johnny57 replied on 09/08/2022 20:42

Posted on 09/08/2022 20:13 by harryb

Just a thought on off-grid cl's. The title is fairly straight forward but to put another slant on it, what if a site has ehu but to be paid by a meter card. Will that constitute and off-grid cl for those that want it to.

Posted on 09/08/2022 20:42

I don't think you can call them off-grid CLs as are grid connected but its a free country smile. If they chose to give an option for you to pitch and not pay for the use of the electric hook up all well and good but I don't know how you are to find that out if its not in there listing or you can filter to find such sites. I guess they will anyway include a cost in the pitch fee anyway for the cost to maintain the installation and periodically test it.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook