CL Reviews - Pictures?

ADD46 replied on 22/07/2019 18:18

Posted on 22/07/2019 18:18

When leaving a review about a CL can you add pictures? I've just left a review and had a photograph ready to post but I couldn't find anywhere to add it. 

nelliethehooker replied on 22/07/2019 20:53

Posted on 22/07/2019 20:50 by forsythia

I find it quite time consuming navigating the review section, it would be brilliant if the reviews had the name of the site at the top so you could choose those you were most interested in.

Posted on 22/07/2019 20:53

I made exactly the same point a couple of days ago, but unfortunately most CC members don't come onto CT and read the postings, so would not have picked up on the suggestion.

Wherenext replied on 22/07/2019 20:57

Posted on 22/07/2019 20:50 by forsythia

I find it quite time consuming navigating the review section, it would be brilliant if the reviews had the name of the site at the top so you could choose those you were most interested in.

Posted on 22/07/2019 20:57

You won't find any argument from most on here but until the club make it compulsory or at least ask somewhere in the vicinity of the review area then it isn't going to happen. Must admit to being guilty of this myself but I have done my lines and handed them into teacher. Just ask Moulesy.smile

Merve replied on 30/07/2019 14:45

Posted on 30/07/2019 14:45

There is no doubt that the CLs that don’t make the effort to post pics of their CL are doing themselves out of potential business. People buy with their eyes it’s a fact, and the more forward thinking  CLs - Newton Grove comes to mind , must definitely increase their business by showing what is to be expected. A picture is worth a thousand  words so they say- yes, I do believe they are. 

CholseyGrange replied on 02/08/2019 08:19

Posted on 02/08/2019 08:19

Two points

CL Owners - Self-support Group

For the past few years (and with no support from the club) a few CL owners - including myself - have managed a self-support group for CL owners.  If you are visiting a CL and feel that they might benefit from some additional support, please let them know about our group which now numbers over 500 CLs.  CL Owners Group Website & Contact

Our recent newsletter to owners included this advice:

Poor photos  = poor occupancy

If you are suffering from a lack of bookings, could it be because you either don’t have any photos of your CL, or that the photos you do have don’t ‘sell’ your CL?   Members frequently say that they won’t even consider booking a CL without any photos. They also like to see what the entrance is like, where they will be siting their van, what the views will be and who they are staying with (you).  Don’t complain about occupancy if your CL photos are taken on a dull day, the grass looks long, the field has puddles in it, or the CL looks unkempt & untidy.

Secondly...

Facebook - a good resource for CL review - often with pictures.

There are many caravan and motorhome related Facebook 'Groups', but perhaps the most relevant is Caravan & Motorhome Club Site & CL Reviews Only

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1793261070745241/ 

If you are on Facebook, it is worth joining.  I personally find it a darn sight easier to use than CT, but I accept that Facebook is not for everyone.

DavidKlyne replied on 02/08/2019 09:48

Posted on 02/08/2019 09:48

The trouble with Facebook is that the reviews have sunk to the bottom of the page in a snap of the finger. I find the Club CL pages much more enlightening. Except that is for those CL owners who don't put much detail and no photograph but surely the same owners are unlikely to go on Facebook? I just wish that when people did reviews they included useful information especially for those of us that want to know about the ease of access to habitation and bus services!

David

CholseyGrange replied on 02/08/2019 11:33

Posted on 02/08/2019 09:48 by DavidKlyne

The trouble with Facebook is that the reviews have sunk to the bottom of the page in a snap of the finger. I find the Club CL pages much more enlightening. Except that is for those CL owners who don't put much detail and no photograph but surely the same owners are unlikely to go on Facebook? I just wish that when people did reviews they included useful information especially for those of us that want to know about the ease of access to habitation and bus services!

David

Posted on 02/08/2019 11:33

David  - I take your point about Facebook Reviews 'dropping', but all facebook groups have a handy 'search' feature (often overlooked) on the left hand side of the group page.  By putting the CL name that you may be interested in, into the search function, you can search the group for any comments or reviews about the CL you have in mind.  Ted

Johnny57 replied on 03/08/2019 17:14

Posted on 30/07/2019 14:45 by Merve

There is no doubt that the CLs that don’t make the effort to post pics of their CL are doing themselves out of potential business. People buy with their eyes it’s a fact, and the more forward thinking  CLs - Newton Grove comes to mind , must definitely increase their business by showing what is to be expected. A picture is worth a thousand  words so they say- yes, I do believe they are. 

Posted on 03/08/2019 17:14

Thanks for a mention Merve.
There are quite a few listings with little or no reviews and no photos maybe they don't make the effort or dont have to! This doesn’t mean they should be avoided, members need to do some detective work! They maybe in amazing locations etc.
I know of at least one which has 1 review, no images and members struggle to get a pitch there.
Some members prefer to keep the “Gems” to themselves. Hopefully they are busy sites as if they get no reviews it could mean no bookings and closure!

Athel replied on 08/08/2019 21:47

Posted on 08/08/2019 21:47

When we have stayed on a CL with no photos on their details we have emailed a photo in to the club and in a few cases the CL listing has been updated using out photos.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook