CL site nightly fees

Angeo replied on 07/12/2020 12:13

Posted on 07/12/2020 12:13

Hi....can I have a clarification please..I have been told that c.l. sites have to stick to a maximum fee per night according to club rules..but as I believed it c.l. owners can charge what they wish and the club has no say in this matter...anyone know please...I was told it's £21 from next year but I don't believe this is correct as I can't find the information anywhere..thanks

replied on 07/12/2020 12:33

Posted on 07/12/2020 12:33

As far as I am aware it is up to the CL owner what price he charges

DavidKlyne replied on 07/12/2020 12:36

Posted on 07/12/2020 12:36

CL's are basically individual businesses and as far as I am aware are able to set their own fees, I am not aware of a minimum price? £21 a night seems to be at the higher end although I have seen more expensive fees. It very much depends on the facilities offered with sites offering hardstanding, EHU and toilet/showers probably charging more than a basic site with only water and waste. If you have been told by a CL owner that it is £21 a night I would accept that as the price and then decide whether you are willing to pay that. 

David

JillwithaJay replied on 07/12/2020 12:38

Posted on 07/12/2020 12:38

Don't know who gave you that information Angeo but it's not correct.  As Easy T says, CL owners make their own decisions on fees and it's up to you then to decide if it's value for money.

Tinwheeler replied on 07/12/2020 12:43

Posted on 07/12/2020 12:43

I'm sure I’ve read before that the club might suggest a price a new CL owner might consider charging but I don’t believe there is a max or minimum. Most CL owners wouldn’t stand for being told they must not charge more than £x. 

It's my guess this is a misunderstanding somewhere along the line.

Angeo replied on 07/12/2020 14:35

Posted on 07/12/2020 14:35

Thank you...I did believe c.l. owners could make their own charges..but a disagreement on another forum made me want clarification on this😀

So thank you all so much ❤️

JVB66 replied on 07/12/2020 14:56

Posted on 07/12/2020 14:56

Cls are a separate owner run business under the banner of the cc which gives them permission to accept up to five  club members in their LVs and what they supply to members , from the minimum standard set up,  is for them to lset their own charges depending on what they supply ,and also what the market in their areas is acceptable for them to get a return on what could be a considerable investment

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook