Exclusive use of facilities

Watersideranger replied on 20/01/2021 10:15

Posted on 20/01/2021 10:15

The increasing cost of club sites, £45/night for a serviced pitch at Cayton Easter 2022, is prompting me to look at CL's or pack up at the age of 81.

My limited experience of CL's has shown they vary from outstanding to rubbish even with the same description.  Many have the words exclusive use/ non exclusive use after the WC or showers.

Could some more experienced CLers give guidance.

richardandros replied on 24/01/2021 05:30

Posted on 24/01/2021 05:30

Well, perhaps I've been getting this wrong for all these years.  I have always understood 'exclusive use' to mean a single shower/ sink/ w.c. in one 'room' as opposed to the normal club arrangement of a collection of shower and w.c cubicles and communal sinks. That's certainly been the case on all the CLs and CS's we have used - nothing to do with whether the facilities are shared with other types of customer.

InaD replied on 24/01/2021 16:51

Posted on 23/01/2021 21:30 by Tinwheeler

I think so, too.

It's as if the OP had been deleted from CT. That usually causes your own profile to appear. 

Posted on 24/01/2021 16:51

I didn't realise that TW.  Thanks for reporting.

KjellNN replied on 24/01/2021 17:32

Posted on 24/01/2021 05:30 by richardandros

Well, perhaps I've been getting this wrong for all these years.  I have always understood 'exclusive use' to mean a single shower/ sink/ w.c. in one 'room' as opposed to the normal club arrangement of a collection of shower and w.c cubicles and communal sinks. That's certainly been the case on all the CLs and CS's we have used - nothing to do with whether the facilities are shared with other types of customer.

Posted on 24/01/2021 17:32

I think you have been getting it wrong!

Exclusive use, as said already, means that the facilities are exclusively for the use of those staying on the CL.

RowenaBCAMC replied on 25/01/2021 10:31

Posted on 20/01/2021 10:15 by Watersideranger

The increasing cost of club sites, £45/night for a serviced pitch at Cayton Easter 2022, is prompting me to look at CL's or pack up at the age of 81.

My limited experience of CL's has shown they vary from outstanding to rubbish even with the same description.  Many have the words exclusive use/ non exclusive use after the WC or showers.

Could some more experienced CLers give guidance.

Posted on 25/01/2021 10:31

There seems to be an issue with your screen name. Can you please email community.manager@camc.com so we can fix this for you. smile

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook