Furze Farm CL leaving the network

JillwithaJay replied on 26/01/2021 17:16

Posted on 26/01/2021 17:16

Just read a post from Paul Woodward to thank everybody for supporting them over the years but that they were making changes.  He was asked if they'd continue to maintain 5 CL pitches but said that they will no longer be operating as a Certificated Location.  However, any bookings placed will remain the same but with fully serviced pitches at no extra cost. When we hopefully open in April.

Tinwheeler replied on 26/01/2021 17:43

Posted on 26/01/2021 17:43

A sign of things to come, I suspect. 

Still, it's good that sites continue under whatever guise and that more pitches become available.

JVB66 replied on 26/01/2021 18:58

Posted on 26/01/2021 18:58

Some friends of ours stayed there last year ad they advised that all the pitches are very new , a even then the owners were  looking at expanding,, Each pitch had  exclusive use of their own wash room in one of the main buildings,   and landscaping was in the planning stage

Fisherman replied on 27/01/2021 09:41

Posted on 27/01/2021 09:41

AsI've said many times its a sign of the times. Planning to expand is easy and cheap and the 5 limit is not a viable option.

DavidKlyne replied on 27/01/2021 10:22

Posted on 27/01/2021 09:41 by Fisherman

AsI've said many times its a sign of the times. Planning to expand is easy and cheap and the 5 limit is not a viable option.

Posted on 27/01/2021 10:22

I agree that the 5 unit limit is a bit outdated but the wisdom seems to be that no one is interested in pushing that because of the risk of the whole concept being scraped so the mantra seems to be to let sleeping dogs lie. Even if there were an increase in numbers I doubt it would be enough for what Furze Farm want to do. 

As a CL it looks really good so good luck to them in their expansion plans.  Perhaps we need to persuade the Club that in situations like this the Club don't just say CL closed but something more along the lines of CL expanding into a campsite? This would be much more useful information for members.

David

MikeyA replied on 27/01/2021 10:35

Posted on 27/01/2021 10:35

As a CL it looks really good

I suppose it may appeal to those who normally stay on all facility Club sites  and who wish to dip a toe into the dangerous world of CLs. laughing

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook