2021 Travel Plans

replied on 05/09/2020 07:32

Posted on 05/09/2020 07:32

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

meecee replied on 06/09/2020 14:41

Posted on 06/09/2020 14:41

We'll see how things pan out re Covid but at the moment I'm planning to book Eurotunnel for April/May and September next year.  Where to go?.........winter research beckonssmile

Tammygirl replied on 06/09/2020 15:18

Posted on 06/09/2020 15:18

Just the usual for us, Lanzarote beginning of March for 3 weeks.

Ferry to Spain mid April, moved from this year.

Would normally do a cruise in January but not in 2021 bit to soon to try one.

Still haven't given up on 2020 yet, if we get the green light we are going. Changes to quarantine could be made very shortly, if so will they lift the FCO adviceundecided if they do then it will be a mad rush to the tunnellaughing

James Russell replied on 07/09/2020 13:46

Posted on 07/09/2020 13:46

We are hoping to take the caravan abroad for the first time to Santander or Bilbao, in early July next year. Looking for recommendations for smallish ( 40-50 pitches ) adult only sites , preferably walking distance or short cab ride into nearest village or town, probably  5 days in Northern Spain and 5 days in France, 2-3 hours from the ferry ports. 

eurortraveller replied on 07/09/2020 14:22

Posted on 07/09/2020 13:46 by James Russell

We are hoping to take the caravan abroad for the first time to Santander or Bilbao, in early July next year. Looking for recommendations for smallish ( 40-50 pitches ) adult only sites , preferably walking distance or short cab ride into nearest village or town, probably  5 days in Northern Spain and 5 days in France, 2-3 hours from the ferry ports. 

Posted on 07/09/2020 14:22

Adult only sites are a British thing not a Spanish thing ! And the dates you have in mind are within school summer holidays for bothSpain and France. So head inland and avoid sites with super sized swimming pools with water slides.

But if you land at Santander a smallish site within an hour of the ferryport is El Molino de Cabuerniga - about 40 pitches - and in France you have an unlimited choice. Where do you plan to be? 

James Russell replied on 07/09/2020 16:15

Posted on 07/09/2020 16:15

Thanks for that. Not sure of final destinations but as first timers we thought 2-3 hours into Spain and somewhere like Bairritz before heading home as it looks close ( ish ) to the ferry. Didn't want to put ourselves under too much pressure with long distances.

Wreaker replied on 23/09/2020 22:22

Posted on 23/09/2020 22:22

Why can they not take into consideration individual circumstanes and give approval.  I need to go and check my boat in France and secure it for the winter. I can go there and back in my motorhome with the only contact being with card operated fuel pumps. I can carry everything I need and do not even have to shop.  The only annoying contact is the Ferry.  At our age we are vulnerable.  Why can we not sign a waver and remain in our mororhome on the Dover/Calais crossing rather than being forced to go up and use their shop and food outlets. I could go out and back in 8 days, check and winterise my boat, without coming into contact with anyone.  I know a few people with property, static caravans, barges, and boats in France who need to just go and check their property.

Tammygirl replied on 23/09/2020 22:37

Posted on 23/09/2020 22:37

Wreaker you could go out and come back via the tunnel but unfortunately you would still need to quarantine on return to UK. 

We had thought about going to Germany for a few weeks, we would not have to quarantine on return,  if we drove from Germany through Belgium to the tunnel, providing we didn't mix with anyone else on the journey.

We were quite happy to do this but it would appear that Belgium's numbers are on the rise yet again and it is possible that we may now have to quarantine on arrival in Germany so we have decide its not worth it. 

Tinwheeler replied on 23/09/2020 22:46

Posted on 23/09/2020 22:22 by Wreaker

Why can they not take into consideration individual circumstanes and give approval.  I need to go and check my boat in France and secure it for the winter. I can go there and back in my motorhome with the only contact being with card operated fuel pumps. I can carry everything I need and do not even have to shop.  The only annoying contact is the Ferry.  At our age we are vulnerable.  Why can we not sign a waver and remain in our mororhome on the Dover/Calais crossing rather than being forced to go up and use their shop and food outlets. I could go out and back in 8 days, check and winterise my boat, without coming into contact with anyone.  I know a few people with property, static caravans, barges, and boats in France who need to just go and check their property.

Posted on 23/09/2020 22:46

It’s not about you. It’s about you infecting other people. You cannot guarantee that you will not come into contact with anyone - that's impossible as you will need fuel, you might break down, you might have an accident etc etc and all of those circumstances could bring you into contact with others.

You could easily carry the virus to France or back to this country and spread it to your loved ones as well as to total strangers. All the waivers in the world won't prevent that. Incidentally, would you also waive your entitlement to free NHS treatment?

To the best of my knowledge, there's no embargo on travel for most of us but you have to quarantine yourself when you return. You do exactly what you want but, please, do consider the rest of the population.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook