2022 Ferries

allanandjean replied on 10/04/2021 07:14

Posted on 10/04/2021 07:14

I saw this on another forum and on first looking at the announcement appeared to be designed to appeal to those with vouchers to re-book.

Their CEO made a statement saying prices will not be rising however have not looked myself, to compare with this year, but my now abandoned 2021 trip would have been more than my similarly dropped 2020 trip.

eurortraveller replied on 10/04/2021 08:45

Posted on 09/04/2021 23:33 by eribaMotters

But unfortunately up on previous years and with less crossings.

Colin

Posted on 10/04/2021 08:45

There appear to be fewer sailings because full list of sailings from Plymouth and Poole have not yet been announced,  nor have sailings from Portsmouth to Bilbao and Le Havre.   Patience needed! 

Rufs replied on 10/04/2021 09:12

Posted on 10/04/2021 09:12

2022 sailings from Portsmouth were out early in the week, moved my flexi tickets to outbound April return June 2022, added bonus dog friendly cabin on outbound Portsmouth - Caen whereas previously pooch has had to sleep in boot of car, would not normally book a cabin for a 5 hr crossing but it maybe somewhere to self isolate but hopefully most people will have been vaccinated so not such a big deal.laughing

GTP replied on 10/04/2021 09:27

Posted on 10/04/2021 09:27

No problem with sailings on the Portsmouth-St Malo route for 2022...Just amended my 2021 (original 2020 booking) Portsmouth-St Malo overnight booking to 2022 at no extra charge...and in fact slightly cheaper...probably a cabin type difference.

Also received yesterday, a full refund of a deposit credit note issued in 2020 from the site i had booked.  the CR stated that if not used, or intended use, within 18months a full refund could be claimed. Fired off an email to the site saying we would not be travelling to Europe this year...request came back for IBAN to pay refund...I don't think this would happen in the UK with commercial sites...

Rufs replied on 10/04/2021 09:44

Posted on 10/04/2021 09:27 by GTP

No problem with sailings on the Portsmouth-St Malo route for 2022...Just amended my 2021 (original 2020 booking) Portsmouth-St Malo overnight booking to 2022 at no extra charge...and in fact slightly cheaper...probably a cabin type difference.

Also received yesterday, a full refund of a deposit credit note issued in 2020 from the site i had booked.  the CR stated that if not used, or intended use, within 18months a full refund could be claimed. Fired off an email to the site saying we would not be travelling to Europe this year...request came back for IBAN to pay refund...I don't think this would happen in the UK with commercial sites...

Posted on 10/04/2021 09:44

Have to say BF have been brilliant throughtout for us, so glad we booked direct and used flexi tickets, club might be cheaper, but not much on short crossing, but so much easier to go on line to change or cancel a booking, they also extended my Club Voyage membership.

after getting caught with my pants down in France and arriving late afternoon in April at a site i had used previously only to find it full and the only alternative was a site where you slept with one eye open and the dog in full view, I did book two 1 nighters 2020 for which i still have credit notes and which have been extended to 2022, so all good.laughing

p.s. still only paid the deposit on the inbound sailing which was for 2020 so another result

GTP replied on 10/04/2021 10:06

Posted on 10/04/2021 09:44 by Rufs

Have to say BF have been brilliant throughtout for us, so glad we booked direct and used flexi tickets, club might be cheaper, but not much on short crossing, but so much easier to go on line to change or cancel a booking, they also extended my Club Voyage membership.

after getting caught with my pants down in France and arriving late afternoon in April at a site i had used previously only to find it full and the only alternative was a site where you slept with one eye open and the dog in full view, I did book two 1 nighters 2020 for which i still have credit notes and which have been extended to 2022, so all good.laughing

p.s. still only paid the deposit on the inbound sailing which was for 2020 so another result

Posted on 10/04/2021 10:06

Ditto re the flexi tickets...Yes the club may be slightly cheaper...but I understand the club make a charge for any amendments...

p.s. still only paid the deposit on the inbound sailing which was for 2020 so another result.

As the amendment did not exceed the original ticket price..there was nothing to pay..until the balance next year.  Together with the voucher and the concession (20%) offered by the CEO for keeping with the voucher scheme...my balance is just under £200 for 2022. That is if we are not with another lockdown..!!

replied on 10/04/2021 11:49

Posted on 10/04/2021 11:49

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

eurortraveller replied on 10/04/2021 12:31

Posted on 10/04/2021 12:31

Many Club  members love booking all their travel a year ahead. But I don’t.

If I cross to France I will wait until a few days before departing and book day crossings from Plymouth to Roscoff - paying for cheaper Economy tickets instead of more expensive Flexible tickets - and on day sailings have no need for an expensive cabin in either direction.

I really don’t have any need to be repeatedly amending sailing dates, and I have never found any difficulty getting availability at short notice on that route.

replied on 10/04/2021 12:59

Posted on 10/04/2021 12:59

The user and all related content has been Deleted User
Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook