Capbreton aire

young thomas replied on 22/03/2019 07:02

Posted on 22/03/2019 07:02

i did read on another forum that this wonderful aire was closed.....a large rock in the entrance way apparently....but I can confirm its open now...

Capbreton is a lovely seaside (and canal side) town and the aire is right on the beach in the dunes, Lovely marina and many dedicated cycle tracks,. 

it costs €10 and every pitch has electic included, loads of room at this time of year, but warm enought to be sat out in the town...

we are only passing through but will add this to our list of potential longer stops.

replied on 22/03/2019 07:23

Posted on 22/03/2019 07:23

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

replied on 22/03/2019 07:52

Posted on 22/03/2019 07:02 by young thomas

i did read on another forum that this wonderful aire was closed.....a large rock in the entrance way apparently....but I can confirm its open now...

Capbreton is a lovely seaside (and canal side) town and the aire is right on the beach in the dunes, Lovely marina and many dedicated cycle tracks,. 

it costs €10 and every pitch has electic included, loads of room at this time of year, but warm enought to be sat out in the town...

we are only passing through but will add this to our list of potential longer stops.

Posted on 22/03/2019 07:52

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

young thomas replied on 22/03/2019 07:53

Posted on 22/03/2019 07:53

actually, St Palais sur Mer nr Royan....forecast, even there, is high teens...20 for Capbreton today....

one more stop tomorrow somewhere a little further up the coast then across to Cherbourg on Sunday....we have all day as it goes around 6pm....

replied on 22/03/2019 09:35

Posted on 22/03/2019 07:02 by young thomas

Posted on 22/03/2019 09:35

The user and all related content has been deleted

peedee replied on 23/03/2019 10:21

Posted on 23/03/2019 10:21

They are old photos taken in the winter of 2007 from the top of the dunes! Perhaps BB has some current ones? I have used it a couple of times as an overnight stop but have never been further than the beach. The one big advantage of Aires for me is you can guarantee there is access and there will be no obstructions or difficulties getting on a pitch.

peedee

replied on 23/03/2019 10:24

Posted on 23/03/2019 10:24

More recent ones look similar PeeDee.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook