Club ITX Fare v BF Voyager Discount

allanandjean replied on 22/03/2019 07:33

Posted on 22/03/2019 07:33

Hi All,

Following a post on another forum, where the poster offered the use of his BF Voyager code, I contacted him and he kindly gave me his code, to get a 10% discount on BF,so that I could compare prices.. I was considering a solo trip at Easter, this is not now going ahead but, whilst looking at prices for that period saw a price difference, for a trip at the same time with the van, between booking direct and via the club of over £400.

We have had a discussion over the last few days regarding the large savings that I have had when buying an ITX package.I did point out, as I have here in the past, that the Plymouth-Roscoff route does seem to be particularly good in this regard.
I did a comparison again yesterday, and posted it on the other forum, and I am now posting that here.

I have posted re these savings in the past and the main reason for doing so again is that the level of saving seems to fall into the 'its too good to be true' category and people may then dismiss it as being inaccurate.

The two quotes below, first is BF direct the second via the club,are for two adults ,car and caravan on BF Plymouth- Roscoff out June on a Thursday night and back July on a Sunday morning with inside two berth cabin. going out. Sadly I am unable to post the screen grab that I did on the other forum so its just the text..

The club price includes the cabin, you need to check as this is not always the case, and 4 site vouchers which cost £87.80. If you take off the price of the vouchers the ferry cost is £267.40.

This is a saving of £437.60.

Even if you did not use the vouchers you are still saving £349.80.

If you could get the 10% discount with Voyager Club the direct price is £634.50 so still a very large saving which may make this route viable for many who might otherwise not consider it.

BF DIRECT
Outbound sailing £325.OO 
Vehicle and passengers
Inside 2 berth cabin with ensuite facilities, bunk style beds x 1 £55.00 
Inbound sailing £325.OO 
Vehicle and passengers
Total £705.OO 

CLUB
Your holiday basket
Plymouth to Roscoff ferry (Brittany Ferries) Ship Name: Pont Aven
2 Adults
1 x BRIT 2 bunk ensuite - inside
Roscoff to Plymouth ferry (Brittany Ferries) Ship Name: Pont Aven
2 Adults
Overseas Site Night Vouchers -4 vouchers
Current package price
£355.20

replied on 22/03/2019 08:16

Posted on 22/03/2019 08:16

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

eurortraveller replied on 22/03/2019 09:08

Posted on 22/03/2019 09:08

I checked out Poole- -Cherbourg prices   - because there are daytime sailings which don't need spending the cost of an overnight cabin. 

Brittany Ferries is asking £380 return for car/Caravan / 2 adults in June, but  there is a price from this Club for the same dates of just £240 return without buying site vouchers, but  £296 return for the same dates if I add 4 vouchers.

So booking through the Club is the way to save money on that route, but taking site vouchers isn't always a bargain.

allanandjean replied on 22/03/2019 09:28

Posted on 22/03/2019 09:28

Club Voyager costs £75 to join plus £75 annual fee so in year one it costs £150.

But as we don't want to make an unfair comparison lets discount this and see what the costs would be if it was 'free'.

You would get 'up to 30%' ,but lets assume it actually would be 30%. That gives a saving, on the BF price of £705, of £211.50 making the price £493.50.

The club ITX is £355.20, so a saving of £138.30 for us as we use the vouchers. If we didn't use them we would still be saving.

But ,don't forget this is all assuming that the Voyager Club was free and as it isn't you are still looking at a saving of £288.30 in year one and £213.30 every year after that by buying an ITX as opposed to Club Voyager were prices and discounts to continue as they are now.

There are other perks but for us the only one that would apply would be the 10% on restaurant prices so saving about £5-6

I see that as a fair and reasonable comparison, you may disagree, however, the aim was to simply pass on information that members could potentially benefit from.

replied on 22/03/2019 10:52

Posted on 22/03/2019 09:28 by allanandjean

Club Voyager costs £75 to join plus £75 annual fee so in year one it costs £150.

But as we don't want to make an unfair comparison lets discount this and see what the costs would be if it was 'free'.

You would get 'up to 30%' ,but lets assume it actually would be 30%. That gives a saving, on the BF price of £705, of £211.50 making the price £493.50.

The club ITX is £355.20, so a saving of £138.30 for us as we use the vouchers. If we didn't use them we would still be saving.

But ,don't forget this is all assuming that the Voyager Club was free and as it isn't you are still looking at a saving of £288.30 in year one and £213.30 every year after that by buying an ITX as opposed to Club Voyager were prices and discounts to continue as they are now.

There are other perks but for us the only one that would apply would be the 10% on restaurant prices so saving about £5-6

I see that as a fair and reasonable comparison, you may disagree, however, the aim was to simply pass on information that members could potentially benefit from.

Posted on 22/03/2019 10:52

replied on 22/03/2019 11:37

Posted on 22/03/2019 11:37

allanandjean replied on 22/03/2019 20:03

Posted on 22/03/2019 09:08 by eurortraveller

I checked out Poole- -Cherbourg prices   - because there are daytime sailings which don't need spending the cost of an overnight cabin. 

Brittany Ferries is asking £380 return for car/Caravan / 2 adults in June, but  there is a price from this Club for the same dates of just £240 return without buying site vouchers, but  £296 return for the same dates if I add 4 vouchers.

So booking through the Club is the way to save money on that route, but taking site vouchers isn't always a bargain.

Posted on 22/03/2019 20:03

Hi Euror, just done a ferry only quote and for my crossing it’s £405 so even if you don’t use the vouchers you save £50 by getting the ITX.

I always look at feasible options, a few years back used Harwich, going to Italy,having not considered previously, but as we are heading for the Royan area Ply-Rosc is perfect.

iansoady replied on 23/03/2019 10:17

Posted on 23/03/2019 10:17

I've just done a quick quote (car + caravan, Portsmouth - Ouistreham, out late May, return mid June, overnight crossings external cabin both ways) and can't get the CC price with vouchers anywhere near the BF price with 10% CV "friend" price.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong. The BF price was £606; CC £650 before adding cabins......

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook