Insurance for personal and travel 2022?

Sandgroper replied on 07/05/2021 15:44

Posted on 07/05/2021 15:44

Having missed what will be three years of France visits and become an over 80 I am starting to plan for 2022!!!

Having been insured by my bank for travel insurance I only used to require motoring cover. However, banks seem to consider that age equals too much risk. 

I have always used Red Pennant motoring insurance but again age usually means severe jumps in charges, added to which we would also require personal travel insurance. 

To avoid going through what promises to be a long drawn out quoting procedure I wondered if anyone in a similar position has any advice or guidance to offer?

allanandjean replied on 07/05/2021 16:34

Posted on 07/05/2021 16:34

Hi, This morning in order to respond to a comment on another forum I did a quick quote for RP

The operative word being quick it took just moments and adding ca4 and van cover to personal reduced the price by £20!

I would give it a try as it really was quick and straightforward.

eurortraveller replied on 07/05/2021 16:55

Posted on 07/05/2021 16:55

Sandgroper, at your age there is no cheap insurance covering medical possibilities. None at all.

Motoring breakdown cover however is still straightforward - mine is provided and included for Europe as well as UK with my annual car insurance -  but personal medical cover is expensive at your age wherever you look. 

You should get a quote from Red Pennant, your should get one from commercial companies such as Staysure, and you should use the comparison sites such as Compare the Market or Money Supermarket. There are no short cuts. They will all give you a price for personal and medical cover overseas. 

Then you choose whether to go ahead or not. Good wishes to you.

Sandgroper replied on 14/05/2021 10:17

Posted on 14/05/2021 10:17

Thanks for your responses. Looks like this year is UK only tbh. Will look again next year. 

Sadly as age moves forward health make one very vulnerable, not necessarily sudden emergencies but generally. We will probably wait and book rather than our usual early pattern.

Take heed you young bucks (and buckesses!). One thing that Covid has done is make you realise just how vulnerable we all are. If you want to do something - DO IT! Tomorrow is never guaranteed!

Happily we have enjoyed touring most of France over thirty odd years so can't complain but still greedy for more!

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook