New Booking System for Overseas Travel

RowenaBCAMC replied on 29/10/2019 16:04

Posted on 29/10/2019 16:04

As members of our online community we wanted to invite you to be one of the first to try our new booking system for Overseas Travel.

It’s been designed to make the booking experience simpler, easier and altogether better for our members. You can use it today to plan and book your overseas holidays between the dates of 1 January to 31 December 2020. We’ll let you know as soon as more dates have been released for you to book. 

What’s new

We’ve created an easy to use booking system – whether you’re on your laptop, desktop, tablet or mobile phone so you can:

• Book multiple sites in one booking
  • Lowest prices are displayed
  • Easy search using the new interactive map
  • Review sites in a quick view panel
  • Compare up to 3 different sites at once
  • View your crossing by price and departure
  • Filter results by facilities

Whether you’re planning your next overseas trip or are ready to book - try it now: Book for 2020 travel

For more information visit our FAQs

If you would like to share your experience of using the new booking system we would love to hear your thoughts. Tell us what you think here: New-booking-system-2019-feedback

lagerorwine replied on 18/01/2020 19:19

Posted on 18/01/2020 19:19

Having had my knuckles rapped, and my question locked, I am requested to ask it here, and extend what is already a very long thread to read - here goes again

To get a 'combined' ferry deal, you have to book 4 overseas site nights, or take 4 'C&MC vouchers'

Does anyone know if you can take 2 of each if you book via the telephone rather than online?

allanandjean replied on 19/01/2020 10:21

Posted on 18/01/2020 19:19 by lagerorwine

Having had my knuckles rapped, and my question locked, I am requested to ask it here, and extend what is already a very long thread to read - here goes again

To get a 'combined' ferry deal, you have to book 4 overseas site nights, or take 4 'C&MC vouchers'

Does anyone know if you can take 2 of each if you book via the telephone rather than online?

Posted on 19/01/2020 10:21

Hi, just seen the latest posts on this thread so will be having a look later at the reported improvements however, so far as I am aware you need to book 7 nights on a site OR take 4 site vouchers.

As the vouchers can be used on all the bookable sites, with some exceptions listed under the voucher T&Cs, cant see any point in booking a site?

If the site is likely to be busy then maybe but, as the vouchers are are best used in low season, that is unlikely.

allanandjean replied on 19/01/2020 10:31

Posted on 19/01/2020 10:31

Follow up on last post at 1021. Its now 1025 and in that time have priced up a combined deal with a ferry and vouchers.

Site is much easier to use now. As said it would make sense if the voucher price appeared at the top of the page but , for me, the biggest irritation is the offering of alternative routes.

I am looking at Plymouth and it gives me Poole, Portsmouth and Newhaven as alternatives. I would be interested in seeing the alternative prices for my preferred route as this may show viable options.

If I want to consider alternative ports I would look at then individually.

It also seems a backward step to loose the ability to compare all short, or long, routes in one search but it is better than it was when introduced.

If it can get back to being as good as it was before it was changed.........................!

lagerorwine replied on 19/01/2020 16:50

Posted on 19/01/2020 16:50

allanandjean

you can get the ferry deal with just 4 site nights - I did it last year over the telephone. I booked the arrival and departure nights at Riva Bella, and 2 nights near Carcassonne (at something around £14 night). So the benefit for me was a saving of around £20, compared to 4 vouchers.

RowenaBCAMC replied on 27/01/2020 13:31

Posted on 18/01/2020 19:19 by lagerorwine

Posted on 27/01/2020 13:31

Hi lagerorwine,

Many thanks for your question and feedback. I've checked with my colleagues in the overseas travel team who have advised that to get a combined deal you need a minimum of 4 night`s accommodation which can be either 4 nights on a campsite or 4 Overseas Site Night Vouchers.  It`s not possible to purchase less than 4 Overseas Site Night Voucher either online or via the Contact Centre.

I hope this helps. smile    

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook