New travel restrictions for Spain effective 23.11

Oxfordeagle15 replied on 13/11/2020 21:44

Posted on 13/11/2020 21:44

Following issued by FCDO today .... 

"On arrival, travellers entering Spain from the UK will not be required to self-isolate. However, from 23 November, all passengers (including children) travelling to Spanish airports and ports from ‘risk’ countries (the website is in Spanish, the list of ‘at risk’ countries is at the end of the document), as determined by the European Centre for Disease Prevention & Control will be required to present a negative PCR (swab) test taken within no more than 72 hours prior to arrival, in order to enter the country. The UK is currently on the ‘risk’ countries list and passengers arriving from the UK are therefore subject to this requirement"

Considering most crossings take 28 hours or more - this is going to make the obtaining of the PCR nearly impossible to get.  Having spoken to a number of clinics today - most are unable to confirm even a 48 hour turnaround.

Brittany Ferries will find they are sailing empty if they are unable to get a waiver on this which I should imagine is going to be very unlikely.

Looks like anyone thinking of some winter sunshine will have to make alternative plans ... not sure if the requirement also applies to coming by road from France but you probably will need this PCR to enter France anyway once it opens.

Anyone found a way round this?

Rufs replied on 26/02/2021 10:00

Posted on 26/02/2021 10:00

Report in the press today stating that the EU could demand you have a certificate of some sorts to prove you have been vaccinated before travel in the EU will be allowed and Angela Merkel saying that the technologoy to allow this to happen is at least 3 months away, add this to the tick list for travel overthere undecided

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 26/02/2021 14:34

Posted on 26/02/2021 10:00 by Rufs

Report in the press today stating that the EU could demand you have a certificate of some sorts to prove you have been vaccinated before travel in the EU will be allowed and Angela Merkel saying that the technologoy to allow this to happen is at least 3 months away, add this to the tick list for travel overthere undecided

Posted on 26/02/2021 14:34

I’ll wait until the dust settles before I decide if it’s worth the hassle of visiting Europe, I dare say they’ve got more to lose than me. Until then I’ll visit more of the UK👍🏻🙂

Wherenext replied on 26/02/2021 15:11

Posted on 26/02/2021 14:34 by Rocky 2 buckets

I’ll wait until the dust settles before I decide if it’s worth the hassle of visiting Europe, I dare say they’ve got more to lose than me. Until then I’ll visit more of the UK👍🏻🙂

Posted on 26/02/2021 15:11

You and me both Rocky. 

Let the effects of Covid and Brexit settle down.

Next year who knows?🤷‍♂️ Hopefully.

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 26/02/2021 15:48

Posted on 26/02/2021 15:11 by Wherenext

You and me both Rocky. 

Let the effects of Covid and Brexit settle down.

Next year who knows?🤷‍♂️ Hopefully.

Posted on 26/02/2021 15:48

+1👍🏻, I doubt they’ll close the borders in this country or ask for a stickyfoot of jab compliance😂

Tinwheeler replied on 26/02/2021 15:58

Posted on 26/02/2021 15:48 by Rocky 2 buckets

+1👍🏻, I doubt they’ll close the borders in this country or ask for a stickyfoot of jab compliance😂

Posted on 26/02/2021 15:58

Mind you, those who got the stickers would be OK 🤣

Rufs replied on 26/02/2021 17:40

Posted on 26/02/2021 15:58 by Tinwheeler

Mind you, those who got the stickers would be OK 🤣

Posted on 26/02/2021 17:40

and i got 2, 1 for my hat and one for my coat coolgoing to laminate them along with my certificate once i have had second jab, who needs a vaccination  certificate laughingfoot-in-mouth

Tammygirl replied on 26/02/2021 19:51

Posted on 26/02/2021 19:51

Our ferry with BF has also been cancelled for the end of April, offered a refund or voucher, decided this time we will have the refund.

If we do manage to get away in the autumn we will more than likely use the tunnel rather than the long crossing. 

Hopefully by the autumn, tests will have been dropped in favour of the vaccination certificate whatever form that will take. The airlines are going to want something put in place by the summer so the autumn looks more favourable than June time. 

replied on 26/02/2021 20:03

Posted on 26/02/2021 19:51 by Tammygirl

Our ferry with BF has also been cancelled for the end of April, offered a refund or voucher, decided this time we will have the refund.

If we do manage to get away in the autumn we will more than likely use the tunnel rather than the long crossing. 

Hopefully by the autumn, tests will have been dropped in favour of the vaccination certificate whatever form that will take. The airlines are going to want something put in place by the summer so the autumn looks more favourable than June time. 

Posted on 26/02/2021 20:03

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

Rufs replied on 03/03/2021 11:58

Posted on 03/03/2021 11:58

"Brits may be allowed to visit Spain this summer even if there is no EU agreement on vaccine passports, according to reports.

The country's tourism minister Fernando Valdés said Spain is considering a 'green corridor' for vaccinated Britons.

He said the government is in talks with the UK in a bid to make travel between the two countries easier in time for the summer.

Mr Valdés added that Spain is hoping to find an agreement with the EU so the country can start welcoming back tourists as soon as possible"

It was inevitable, EU countries such as Spain bending over backwards so that Brits abroad can help to save their economy, and yet the EU is still prepared to decimate the likes of our Cornish fishing industry undecided

replied on 03/03/2021 12:07

Posted on 03/03/2021 11:58 by Rufs

"Brits may be allowed to visit Spain this summer even if there is no EU agreement on vaccine passports, according to reports.

The country's tourism minister Fernando Valdés said Spain is considering a 'green corridor' for vaccinated Britons.

He said the government is in talks with the UK in a bid to make travel between the two countries easier in time for the summer.

Mr Valdés added that Spain is hoping to find an agreement with the EU so the country can start welcoming back tourists as soon as possible"

It was inevitable, EU countries such as Spain bending over backwards so that Brits abroad can help to save their economy, and yet the EU is still prepared to decimate the likes of our Cornish fishing industry undecided

Posted on 03/03/2021 12:07

The user and all related content has been Deleted User
Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook