Profile Photos

replied on 21/10/2018 20:44

Posted on 21/10/2018 20:44

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

Metheven replied on 22/10/2018 08:41

Posted on 22/10/2018 08:41

Yep, promises promises and more promises, even promises from one IT guy who posted on here then disappeared without trace. It is now not possible to include a profile photo if original is changed/Deleted User.

It just says 'Upload failed, must be a valid image', and of course it is both a valid image and size.

SteveL replied on 22/10/2018 09:06

Posted on 22/10/2018 09:06

There was initially a problem with some when the new website was launched, although mine weathered that change. Then about a year ago it became impossible to add or change them. As DD says there have been promises from time to time that it was going to be fixed but nothing has happened. I find there are a lot including mine that I can normally see but occasionally they all go blank. Even when you could change them it had to be on a windows platform. Hopefully if they are brought back it will also be possible on iOS and android.

Tinwheeler replied on 22/10/2018 11:01

Posted on 22/10/2018 11:01

That’s a bit harsh, LL. 

The blame lies with the club for attempting to built an add on forum, in my opinion. They could have purchased an off the shelf efficient forum package which could have been linked to the website but, instead, decided to bumble along using software that, seemingly, isn’t fit for this purpose. The IT bods appear not to have been given adequate tools to work with so I doubt much of the blame can be laid at their door. 

lornalou1 replied on 22/10/2018 15:45

Posted on 22/10/2018 15:45

harsh but true Tin. It doesn't cost millions ( like the rebrand ) to update the system which should/could be done yearly at minimal cost. Only my opinion, but others may agree.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook