Site Complete

Dunclair replied on 21/06/2019 18:03

Posted on 21/06/2019 18:03

We have been coming to Europe with our caravan for a few years now. Admittedly, we usually come earlier in the year than this but we delayed our plans because we didn't know what the brexit ****shower was going to bring.

We are members of ACSI and always use their sites, whether Municipal or not. We have never booked and never had a problem getting in. We arrived in the famous Val de Vesle site yesterday about 2:30. The lovely lady who runs the place said that she had only one pitch left. Today she had a "Complete" sign up outside the office when we left late morning for our trip into Reims.

I have read on this forum many times that there is no need to book outside of July and August but maybe times are changing.

On a similar note, we met an English couple here yesterday who asked if we had met many British people on our three and a half weeks of travel. I told them that we had only seen three couples which was one more than they had seen over the same period, including us. The Club's sites must be pretty full or people are staying at home.

JVB66 replied on 25/06/2019 09:52

Posted on 24/06/2019 16:24 by moulesy

To return to the point about whether or not one is qualified to comment on Dunclair's observations, I might add that in our camping days we spent much time driving through France, Belgium, Holland, Luxembourg and Germany. More recently, on "package" holidays we have hired cars to tour in Spain, Italy, Cyprus and each of the Canary Islands. So we do get around and see quite a lot of local life in all these varied areas.

As I understand it, David (and I do read your posts and those of others with interest), you spend many days driving 7+ hours on motorways to arrive at a location where you then stay for several weeks. (That's not a criticism, by the way, you clearly enjoy doing it and that's absolutely your choice).

But I do wonder if the contrast between your own and our experiences is as stark as you always imply.

Posted on 25/06/2019 09:52

But it could be as AD can afford it as he stated "more then most"surprised

JVB66 replied on 25/06/2019 09:58

Posted on 25/06/2019 08:12 by
  • We are very fond of the Extremadura too and visited twice on this trip  ,spent 8 days each time and find it a world away from the concrete jungles thrown up on parts of the coast for the package industry. However even at the coast it's possible to find areas that haven't been ruined with "high rise " the Costa Calida between Cadiz and Tarifa for example.

It's a huge country with everything,wide open spaces,the best road network in Europe, wildlife and history and most never see it.

Posted on 25/06/2019 09:58

And there is the the major diference with this tiny over populated island, we do not have the "huge land mass and space"so everything "looks""crowded a

peedee replied on 25/06/2019 10:18

Posted on 25/06/2019 10:01 by JVB66

But not as extreme yet as is now becoming more common in the huge land mass of mainland europe surprised

Posted on 25/06/2019 10:18

I've yet to encounter these extremes. They are also possible in UK.

peedee

moulesy replied on 25/06/2019 10:29

Posted on 25/06/2019 09:33 by peedee

Trouble is the weather is so fickle.

peedee

Posted on 25/06/2019 10:29

True - but I certainly wouldn't want to suffering some of the extreme temperatures that are going to be plaguing much of mainland Europe for the next week or so! surprised

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 25/06/2019 10:35

Posted on 25/06/2019 10:29 by moulesy

True - but I certainly wouldn't want to suffering some of the extreme temperatures that are going to be plaguing much of mainland Europe for the next week or so! surprised

Posted on 25/06/2019 10:35

+1, I came across these temps in Egypt 42c+, not fun at all. I spent most time outdoors in the pool. I love our climate. I’m one of these people that realises that a Northern climate will never have predictable weather. The only predictability of our climate is-it’s not predictable👍🏻😊

JVB66 replied on 25/06/2019 10:42

Posted on 25/06/2019 10:35 by Rocky 2 buckets

+1, I came across these temps in Egypt 42c+, not fun at all. I spent most time outdoors in the pool. I love our climate. I’m one of these people that realises that a Northern climate will never have predictable weather. The only predictability of our climate is-it’s not predictable👍🏻😊

Posted on 25/06/2019 10:42

The weather people have openly admitted that a forecast for the UK can never be accurate as we are a tiny island which means weather patterns can alter owing to being surrounded  by water,

replied on 25/06/2019 10:45

Posted on 25/06/2019 09:58 by JVB66

And there is the the major diference with this tiny over populated island, we do not have the "huge land mass and space"so everything "looks""crowded a

Posted on 25/06/2019 10:45

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

Cornersteady replied on 25/06/2019 10:51

Posted on 25/06/2019 09:33 by peedee

Trouble is the weather is so fickle.

peedee

Posted on 25/06/2019 10:51

That is true, but at least we don't get extremes of (high) temperatures all of the time?

but yes sadly true, but part of the charm of over here. But I think a lovely summer's day over in the lakes just cannot be beaten. (or insert your favourite location)

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook