TomTom Archiescamping

Justus2 replied on 16/01/2017 08:54

Posted on 16/01/2017 08:54

Thanks, very interesting that, I will check it out and much as I prefer TomTom to the only other software (built in the car) I have tried I wouldnt buy one that couldnt take Archies.

Having obtained the POIs from the CC & CCC, It was only when I discovered how to put them on the TomTom that I discovered I couldn't.  The suggested way was via TomTom Mydrive (web) rather than TomTom connect (app ) and a tongue in cheek translation of the info that came up was :  Nah you can't put POIs on the cheap Sat Nav you bought you cheapskate, you can only play that game if you buy one of these much more expensive models, and here is a list of those you should have bought...

Having said that , if I have lifetime European map updates, and all the campsites are already in there, as are supermarkets I discover......... I reserve judgement. wink

royandsharont replied on 18/01/2017 16:15

Posted on 18/01/2017 16:15

Hi David (Deleted User User) my later TomTom has an ability to add extra memory to overcome that problem. I bought a second memory card that turned out to be not required when I was having problems updating maps. TomTom said it was a memory issue but in fact it was not and I learned they had not checked the box on free lifetime maps on my account when they did some updating. At least I have the extra capacity now if I need it. Regards to Marjorie too, Roy

replied on 18/01/2017 16:53

Posted on 18/01/2017 16:53

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

peedee replied on 18/01/2017 17:05

Posted on 16/01/2017 10:06 by iansoady

One reason I've moved to CoPilot on android - addition of custom POIs is very easy.

Posted on 18/01/2017 17:05

and you can run it on any sized tablet you like and use an SD card for extra memory. If you have a tablet why spend money on extra hardware.

peedee

young thomas replied on 19/01/2017 08:35

Posted on 18/01/2017 16:53 by

Hi Roy

I think a model with expandable memory is next on the list for me too. This model (Via 130) can not hold maps for all the countries we visit and new zones have to be downloaded when we go east for example.

Regards to you both

David 

Posted on 19/01/2017 08:35

lik you David, i have the same problem with 'zones' but do not have a laptop where these can be 'fetched' when necessary....they are all on my desktop which stays at home so i have to make the 'zone' decision before we leave...

so far, i have managed to be able to keep to within one zone on each trip, without having to cross zone boundaries...

i do have a backup Tomtom and could put different zones on each one should this become an issue....

peedee replied on 19/01/2017 10:45

Posted on 19/01/2017 10:45

No problem with running a sat nav on a tablet even with only 8Gbs of memory and I can run Archies App on the same device if so desired. You can keep the maps on the SD card.

peedee

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook