Travelling after Brexit

RowenaBCAMC replied on 04/02/2019 14:56

Posted on 04/02/2019 14:56

A number of specific questions have been raised about what might happen after 29 March 2019 when the UK leaves the European Union (EU). We've identified some information and advice for people travelling abroad with caravans and motorhomes in the hope that it will help you find out what impact Brexit may have on your holiday plans. You can find this here: Travelling after Brexit

We will also try and keep you updated with relevant information on this discussion and please feel free to share information and advice with each other. We do ask that no conversations about politics devhttps://www.caravanclub.co.uk/overseas-holidays/useful-information/travelling-after-brexit/elop - as you know this can often get heated! As such any political comments will be removed but we would really appreciate any constructive comments and information shared. 

Latest Update: January 2021

New rules apply for travel to Europe from January 2021 and you need to take extra steps when travelling to a European destination. You should follow the UK Government travel advice before you travel abroad, including the latest developments and advice on foreign travel during the COVID-19 pandemic. Sign up for alerts at GOV.UK and visit our dedicated page on our website here: Travelling after Brexit

cyberyacht replied on 04/03/2019 17:17

Posted on 04/03/2019 17:17

Nipped down to my nearest participating PO this afternoon to obtain my International Driving Permit on the basis that the crowd on the banks of the Thames can't seem to make their mind up. A rather unimpressive document - has all the gravitas of a Poundland loyalty card. Bit frustrating that it's cost me £5.50 for less than a year as my licence is up for renewal in December. Maybe by the time I have to do it again that shower up there might have got their act together.

paul56 replied on 06/03/2019 10:31

Posted on 06/03/2019 10:31

Interesting...I've just been contacted by my insurers, Admiral, who have offered to send me a Green Card if I am travelling abroad after 29th March even though nothing has been decided. It is a free service and all I have to do is ring an 0800 number...

Tigi replied on 09/03/2019 19:06

Posted on 09/03/2019 19:06

Relented yesterday and went to the P.O. for a new passport I don`t see a no deal but the way things are going it will be too late if it should go that way. The digital application took a couple of minutes includes the photo very very easy the £90.90 it costs also went quickly!

Cherokee2015 replied on 11/03/2019 12:01

Posted on 04/03/2019 17:17 by cyberyacht

Nipped down to my nearest participating PO this afternoon to obtain my International Driving Permit on the basis that the crowd on the banks of the Thames can't seem to make their mind up. A rather unimpressive document - has all the gravitas of a Poundland loyalty card. Bit frustrating that it's cost me £5.50 for less than a year as my licence is up for renewal in December. Maybe by the time I have to do it again that shower up there might have got their act together.

Posted on 11/03/2019 12:01

Hubby went for one yesterday.    Bit miffed that he could only have it for two years as driving licence runs out then but still - is now sorted for our trip in June.     PO assistant said it's been manic since mid February, but all in all the process was pretty painless.    Yet to decide if I want to get one too.   

Tigi replied on 12/03/2019 20:17

Posted on 09/03/2019 19:06 by Tigi

Relented yesterday and went to the P.O. for a new passport I don`t see a no deal but the way things are going it will be too late if it should go that way. The digital application took a couple of minutes includes the photo very very easy the £90.90 it costs also went quickly!

Posted on 12/03/2019 20:17

Confirmation of receipt of old passport a.m. today 12th then confirmation of new passport approval p.m.  12th they will confirm when passport posted - all very efficient ! 

Tigi replied on 15/03/2019 19:24

Posted on 12/03/2019 20:17 by Tigi

Confirmation of receipt of old passport a.m. today 12th then confirmation of new passport approval p.m.  12th they will confirm when passport posted - all very efficient ! 

Posted on 15/03/2019 19:24

New passport arrived today exactly I week after completing digital application at Post Office

replied on 15/03/2019 19:31

Posted on 15/03/2019 19:31

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

replied on 15/03/2019 20:15

Posted on 15/03/2019 20:15

The user and all related content has been Deleted User
Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook