Aldeburgh and Snape

Yetiowner replied on 24/02/2020 16:55

Posted on 24/02/2020 16:55

I am looking for a site, for a Motorhome, where we are able to walk to Aldeburgh and Snape. A bonus would be to be near a bus route. Any suggestions please? We haven’t been to this area before. Carole 

Wherenext replied on 24/02/2020 17:08

Posted on 24/02/2020 17:08

There is a decent independent site right on the edge of Aldeburgh.

www.churchfarmparkaldeburgh.co.uk

It's 5 minutes maximum walk into town. Don't be put off by thinking it's just a static site. It has a separate area for tourers.

For Snape you'll have to make do with CLs

Try Croft Farm, an easy walk away from Snape Maltings.

Wherenext replied on 24/02/2020 17:10

Posted on 24/02/2020 17:10

Meant to mention that if you are fit you could walk from Aldeburgh to Snape, about 8 miles. However I'm not sure if the bus that used to connect them both is still operational or not.

peedee replied on 24/02/2020 17:18

Posted on 24/02/2020 17:18

I didn't have any problem parking my motorhome in the Thorpeness car park. It was a nice day and we walked into Aldeburgh along the sea front. On route we passed a large car park on the front just before entering Aldeburg and you could also park a motorhome there.

Hope the above is useful.

peedee

Yetiowner replied on 24/02/2020 19:07

Posted on 24/02/2020 19:07

Well! Thank you for all of your prompt responses with very helpful suggestions.  C

nelliethehooker replied on 24/02/2020 19:32

Posted on 24/02/2020 19:32

We're on Croft Farm CL at the moment. It's a half hour into Snape Maltings at the most along the footpaths across the fields. There's the Sailors Path from Snape village to Aldeburgh, about 6 mils. Not sure of buses though. There's are a couple of large car parks at Albeburgh, one on the road to Thorpness and the other through the town at Fort Green, both of which will take M/Hs. Even though we've had lots of rain the ground at the CL has not cut up at all so is fine for M/Hs.....there have been a couple on this last weekend.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook