Amending a booking

RichardPitman replied on 11/06/2014 18:45

Posted on 11/06/2014 18:45

A bit of a rigmarole.

I decided to change one of my bookings from a standard pitch to a serviced pitch, same dates obviously. I checked that a serviced pitch was available before commencing to attempt to amend my booking.

Turns out that this is not possible, as 'I had already booked this period'. I had to cancel my existing booking first, then rebook onto the new pitch type. I'm sure that there's a valid argument for this, probably soemthing to do with keeping database of bookings updated, and yes, I should have made up my mind in the first place.

Also, when I cancelled the first booking, there was no option in the drop down menu of 'excuses' for cancellation to indicate why I had done this.

Jenifer52 replied on 30/07/2022 16:06

Posted on 30/07/2022 16:06

I wish that the Club would put a facility to change a pitch in their booking ‘amendment’ section.  Sometimes I have made a booking, for say a week’s stay on a popular Club site with a standard pitch with awning.  Nearer the holiday time circumstances have allowed me to be able to extend my stay, I go onto the site but there is no availability for a pitch with awning, only a pitch without awning.  I book a few more days on a different pitch but keep an eye out  for a cancellation of an awning pitch so that I don’t have to move.  One suddenly becomes available and I have to act quickly as this popular site gets extremely booked up.  I have to cancel my second booking in order to extend my first booking.  That’s not exactly the problem, it’s the fact that what I’ve experienced in the past is I’ve cancelled the second booking, gone into my first booking to extend the days but the cancellation I was about to use has already gone.  I quickly go back to re-book my second booking and now that’s gone.

I hope you can follow that and believe me it’s true.  It would be so much easier, less stress and disappointment, if you could just amend your pitch type in the same way as amending your dates.

Tinwheeler replied on 30/07/2022 16:19

Posted on 30/07/2022 16:19

J52, we don’t yet know what the new booking system will bring. It may solve your problem but will further complicate the issue with adjustment to a deposit becoming necessary.

DavidKlyne replied on 30/07/2022 16:23

Posted on 30/07/2022 16:06 by Jenifer52

I wish that the Club would put a facility to change a pitch in their booking ‘amendment’ section.  Sometimes I have made a booking, for say a week’s stay on a popular Club site with a standard pitch with awning.  Nearer the holiday time circumstances have allowed me to be able to extend my stay, I go onto the site but there is no availability for a pitch with awning, only a pitch without awning.  I book a few more days on a different pitch but keep an eye out  for a cancellation of an awning pitch so that I don’t have to move.  One suddenly becomes available and I have to act quickly as this popular site gets extremely booked up.  I have to cancel my second booking in order to extend my first booking.  That’s not exactly the problem, it’s the fact that what I’ve experienced in the past is I’ve cancelled the second booking, gone into my first booking to extend the days but the cancellation I was about to use has already gone.  I quickly go back to re-book my second booking and now that’s gone.

I hope you can follow that and believe me it’s true.  It would be so much easier, less stress and disappointment, if you could just amend your pitch type in the same way as amending your dates.

Posted on 30/07/2022 16:23

I was recently able to amend a booking I had at Seacroft from a non awing pitch to a serviced pitch without any difficulty. A better option in your case would be to book the extra days as a separate booking you can always ring the site to combine them or even get them to change the pitch type so you have the same for your stay. This can also be done by emailing the sites team although you do have to be very precise in what you are asking them to do. We have yet to see how you would tackle this under the new system?

David

JollyKernow replied on 30/07/2022 18:16

Posted on 30/07/2022 16:06 by Jenifer52

Posted on 30/07/2022 18:16

Afternoon

Reading through your post it seems to me your issue is more about availability. Popular sites will see booking cancellations snatched in seconds, it's a case of fastest finger first.

The new system like the present one won't allow you to book 2 pitches at a time, so you'll still need to cancel one before booking another. 

JK

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook