Dogs and Touring

Rowena replied on 31/07/2018 15:04

Posted on 31/07/2018 15:04

We often get posts about dogs on sites. As such we are creating this one discussion for people to post. This discussion can include anything from pictures of your dog/dogs enjoying their holidays and recommendations of good dog walks near Club or CL Sites, to your feedback regarding dogs on Club Sites.

Paws for thought...However, we ask that no posts are made that may cause upset, are antagonistic, argumentative or offensive as some discussions on dogs have become very heated in the past. Any such posts will be removed and it may affect your access to Club Together as per the Community Guidelines. Difference of opinion is always welcome and to be expected but posts must always be constructive and respectful of other’s views in order to keep Club Together the friendly and informative forum we want it to be.

Please also do not use this discussion as a means of complaint. If you have had a bad experience with a dog/dogs on a Club or CL site we want to hear from you and would really appreciate it if you could contact the Club directly so we can investigate this further by either calling 01342 327 490 or emailing UKSitesBookingService@camc.com

Thank you everybody and we look forward to hearing from you. smile

DavidKlyne replied on 11/05/2021 12:51

Posted on 11/05/2021 12:51

I would just urge everyone to read the original post in this thread posted by Rowena. In particular para's two and three which clearly explains the policy and why other threads will be closed. It also points out what action members should take if they encounter a problem on site. 

David

artyboo replied on 11/05/2021 17:23

Posted on 11/05/2021 00:12 by clarinetman

Hi artyboo, I am afraid I do not know or should know anything about your personal tragedy but I do wish you well, I am confused though as if your comment was aimed at me you are wrong in your assumption that I despise dogs, I have had dogs for over 50 years and currently tour with my jackapoo Poppy, my only concerns are that people observe the club rules.

please accept my sympathy for your loss and I know how much a companion a dog can be of such comfort.

Regards

Posted on 11/05/2021 17:23

Hi,

My post really wasn’t aimed at anyone in particular.

Sorry if you believed it so.

Thanks for your good wishes 

JVB66 replied on 11/05/2021 18:30

Posted on 11/05/2021 10:34 by Takethedogalong

I donโ€™t think anyone is questioning what you did regarding your Castleton visit was wrong clarinetman, including me๐Ÿ˜ We got a similar reaction from a fellow camper when I pointed out to him that one of his dogs had pooped without him knowing, that was it, no further conversation.๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ

Not sure if you are aware, but anything relating to dogs, the Club likes to keep in this one thread. Thatโ€™s probably why your two recent posts were ultimately closed, rather than any of your comments. Artyboo might not even have read your other two posts, I took her post as a general opinion on just how important the canine companionship has been through difficult times, rather than as a response to you. 

I think everyone wants to see dog owners being responsible, it means that these important and loved members of our little touring units can continue to travel along with us, being welcome generally. Like you, I get annoyed when a tiny minority donโ€™t take responsibility, as it spoils things for us all๐Ÿ˜

Posted on 11/05/2021 18:30

It is not just sites that a few dog owners are "less thoughtfull?"to others, this time of year as most know,  there are many birds nesting and young birds with their parents ,

Yesterday when walking Rosa I noticed a creche of about 20 Canada Geese goslings on the the bank of one of the lakes here, with Rosa on a lead a woman with a Terrier off lead was coming toward us, I advised her of the geese and goslings to which she replied my dog is trained to chase geese off our crops, do you think I should curtail our walk as I have not got her lead with meyell 

Also there are several big signs advising visitors to keep dogs on lead in this area as there are swans nesting, some take noticeundecided

Takethedogalong replied on 11/05/2021 20:15

Posted on 11/05/2021 20:15

I was quite surprised just how tolerant and trusting the swans, geese and ducks were regarding nesting at FM when we visited JV. Some were practically on the footpaths. There had been a few signs, and some mesh put up to give a bit of protection in places. Thankfully we didn’t see any dogs interfering with the wildlife, and lots of folks did have their pooches on leads.  No harm in a timely reminder it is nesting time though. It’s a lovely place to take a dog, we used the canine activity course on our first visit, but our old lad couldn’t manage that this time.๐Ÿ˜€

MikeyA replied on 13/05/2021 11:29

Posted on 13/05/2021 11:29

Unfortunately not all dog owners are well behaved. On our recent trip trip to Cornwall,  there were a number of signs attached to telegraph poles etc around Helston informing everyone of the sad consequences of dogs on the loose. One of the local swans had been attacked and killed by a labrador and yet still we saw a dog off its lead. 

Cornersteady replied on 11/06/2021 16:42

Posted on 11/06/2021 16:42

You know what that is exactly my thoughts. I can just see some review or thread along the lines of I saw an owner allowing their mongrel dog to drink out of the pedigree bowl, the warden saw it too and did nothing!