Morn Hill Refurbishment

DavidKlyne replied on 22/06/2022 15:12

Posted on 22/06/2022 15:12

We went to a wedding yesterday in Farnham which is on the A31. On the way back this morning I stopped off at Morn Hill to see how things were proceeding. I could only see the first section and it looks as if some of the buildings are almost complete and the hardstanding pitches are in place. Below are a couple of pictures taken from the entrance. Couldn't see what was happening on the upper section. We have booked a stay in September so hope its finished by then!

David 

Rowena replied on 29/07/2022 11:41

Posted on 29/07/2022 11:41

Please can we keep the conversation friendly and avoid arguments. Every one can make their point but please then conclude and not continue on as this can then lead to disagreements. We want Club Together to be a friendly place free from arguments. Many thanks. 

SteveL replied on 29/07/2022 11:49

Posted on 29/07/2022 11:49

As things stand with the ferry pitches there is no justification for them being cheaper. We stopped one night on the Rookesbury Park ones. A very nice area by the entrance, with long hardstanding areas surrounded by grass, such that caravans do not need to unhitch unless they want to. Our 6.94m MH was fairly swallowed. You have access to all facilities and don’t have to hurry if you don’t want to. We arrived earlier than we expected at 7pm and collected our instruction/ site plan from a board. The site manager wandered across and offered to let us onto the main site if we wanted to, as it was still before 8pm. However, we decided to stay where we were. We left about 10:30am. Others that arrived later, left earlier. At £30.40 it was expensive, but we felt well worth it for us.

Certainly with a MH a patch of gravel, water and disposal facilities is all we need. If these were provided at a reduced price we would use them. One major problem is space and the 6 metre rule. When I commented on the very roomy pitches the Site Manager explained that a few years ago there were a lot more, but due to 6 metres between units the number had to be  significantly reduced. That alone is not conducive to lower prices.

DavidKlyne replied on 29/07/2022 12:15

Posted on 29/07/2022 12:15

If the Club offered a few smaller pitches for ferry users that might justify a lower price but the requirement for 6 mts spacing as Steve points out makes that almost impossible to justify. I just wonder whether we need so many pitch types? Standard and Serviced make sense but beyond that? To me the club should aim to provide a spacious pitch as standard and a bit of greenery between pitches would be a bonus.

David

Cornersteady replied on 29/07/2022 14:32

Posted on 29/07/2022 14:32

Is there a limit on the amount of days one can book for a ferry pitch? Otherwise what is to stop someone booking a few days or more at a cheaper price? Could happen maybe but at least at the same price it would put off doing it?

As I see it it's a club site for people who want to use a club before their ferry? 

SteveL replied on 29/07/2022 14:52

Posted on 29/07/2022 14:32 by Cornersteady

Is there a limit on the amount of days one can book for a ferry pitch? Otherwise what is to stop someone booking a few days or more at a cheaper price? Could happen maybe but at least at the same price it would put off doing it?

As I see it it's a club site for people who want to use a club before their ferry? 

Posted on 29/07/2022 14:52

We weren’t able to book Rookesbury on line, only by phoning the site. I would assume you are restricted to the one night as there are so few pitches. (They have a similar number to MH) If you wanted to stay longer you could move onto the site the next day.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook