New booking system with deposits

JillwithaJay replied on 01/06/2022 15:32

Posted on 01/06/2022 15:32

I haven't seen any confirmation or otherwise regarding this but have just read it on Faceache with a date of 25th June being, allegedly, given by a member of site staff for implementation.

UP TO DATE INFORMATION ON BOOKINGS

We are normally able to book for next June from today.
However this isn’t possible as the website is moving over to deposits in the next couple of weeks.
So at this time we cannot book anything for next June until the system is live.

huskydog replied on 25/06/2022 15:29

Posted on 25/06/2022 15:19 by Tinwheeler

Haven’t we seen this sort of delay elsewhere in relation to the clubs website, including CT? Six weeks and counting to remove an offensive item is a sad joke, plus the inability to cure the server error problem. Then there's the Late Availability issue, CL searches and I’m sure there are other matters they’re also 'working hard' to sort out as well as the new booking system which seems to be going nowhere and causing folk to be inconvenienced.

CAMC, you really need to get your act together😥

Posted on 25/06/2022 15:29

Oh , what’s the offensive item then ? Has someone not picked up their dog do !!!

im off now to scour CT to try and find this nasty item surprised

replied on 26/06/2022 07:44

Posted on 25/06/2022 15:19 by Tinwheeler

Haven’t we seen this sort of delay elsewhere in relation to the clubs website, including CT? Six weeks and counting to remove an offensive item is a sad joke, plus the inability to cure the server error problem. Then there's the Late Availability issue, CL searches and I’m sure there are other matters they’re also 'working hard' to sort out as well as the new booking system which seems to be going nowhere and causing folk to be inconvenienced.

Posted on 26/06/2022 07:44

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

Tinwheeler replied on 26/06/2022 08:16

Posted on 26/06/2022 07:44 by

I've been saying that for years 👍.  Nice to read that you are finally on side.  🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣.

Posted on 26/06/2022 08:16

"Finally?"

I've been saying it for years too but I don't keep on about it at every opportunity as to do so simply makes folk roll their eyes and think "Not again, give it a rest!". The tedium of repetition causes the message to lose impact.

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 26/06/2022 08:31

Posted on 26/06/2022 08:16 by Tinwheeler

"Finally?"

I've been saying it for years too but I don't keep on about it at every opportunity as to do so simply makes folk roll their eyes and think "Not again, give it a rest!". The tedium of repetition causes the message to lose impact.

Posted on 26/06/2022 08:31

It carries way more impact coming from someone who is fair & equitable in their comments too👍🏻

replied on 26/06/2022 08:47

Posted on 26/06/2022 08:47

Content has been removed.

mbee1 replied on 27/06/2022 08:27

Posted on 27/06/2022 08:27

All these emails from the Club but they don't actually tell us anything.  Why can't they have a "news" page on this website to keep members updated.  Like lots of people I have half a week booked for next May and I'd like to book the other half.

Likewise will someone keep us updated about the appalling slowness/server errors.  Again this should be a news worthy item without having to keep logging in to look at the thread.

This is a multi million pound organisation but, frankly, they couldn't organise a children's tea party!

brue replied on 27/06/2022 10:41

Posted on 27/06/2022 10:41

Unfortunately although it's been reported to the club some of us aren't getting any emails at all.  There is a News and Events area in the top menu bar which doesn't update very often. The club use all the usual social media sites but there's no information on there either.

Yes it would be useful for those hoping to book ahead to have updates. The alternative if certain dates are important is to book elsewhere.

AandJ replied on 28/06/2022 13:30

Posted on 28/06/2022 13:30

Does this new system introduction also include the ability to chose between grass or hard standing std pitches were a site has both and it’s pot luck which you get on arrival ?

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook