New Site Booking System

DavidKlyne replied on 25/11/2021 11:54

Posted on 25/11/2021 11:54

The Club have released more details of the new Booking System here 

There are still finer details still to be arrived but the link (thanks Harry) sets out how the new system will work.

I have closed the previous thread on when we will get details of the new booking system and opened this one to allow comments specifically on the new system rather than discussing what they might be.

David

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 14/01/2022 23:33

Posted on 14/01/2022 22:27 by Takethedogalong

Well, the silence has been deafening. The changes are a done deal, will come about this coming April, those opposed to change will continue to huff and puff, much like they did when the Club changed its name. The End.๐Ÿ˜

Posted on 14/01/2022 23:33

I preferred the thread as it was TDA๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป, I was having a dose of Billy Butlins nostalgia, now it’s bitty & jarring๐Ÿคท๐Ÿป‍โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿ™„. I was watching a YouTube channel re the Filey BB site with its own train line there were that many guests arriving & departing. Judging by the views of the Vid a lot of others like reminiscing too๐Ÿ˜Š

SteveL replied on 15/01/2022 08:00

Posted on 14/01/2022 22:27 by Takethedogalong

Well, the silence has been deafening. The changes are a done deal, will come about this coming April, those opposed to change will continue to huff and puff, much like they did when the Club changed its name. The End.๐Ÿ˜

Posted on 15/01/2022 08:00

I don’t see a bit of drift does any harm either and as you say a done deal well chewed over. Although just like the name change there is a lot more chewing to come, once they announce it properly and the vast majority of the membership find out. From my point of view, whilst I would prefer the old system to carry on, I’ve had the one contentious question answered over what will happen re pitch surfaces on existing bookings. So it will just be like making a C&CC booking, except for the price.๐Ÿค” 

replied on 15/01/2022 08:27

Posted on 15/01/2022 08:00 by SteveL

I donโ€™t see a bit of drift does any harm either and as you say a done deal well chewed over. Although just like the name change there is a lot more chewing to come, once they announce it properly and the vast majority of the membership find out. From my point of view, whilst I would prefer the old system to carry on, Iโ€™ve had the one contentious question answered over what will happen re pitch surfaces on existing bookings. So it will just be like making a C&CC booking, except for the price.๐Ÿค” 

Posted on 15/01/2022 08:27

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

cyberyacht replied on 15/01/2022 08:51

Posted on 15/01/2022 08:51

It was suggested that my comment on the difficulty of putting a clamping tour together was based on assumption rather than experience. True but if booking sites/CLs over the past couple of years is anything to go by then it's not going to be easy.

An EV plus a tent has been suggested and a possible way to continue touring. In the short to medium term that will present charging issues. Many on here use their LVs all year. Hands up, who wants to be under canvas in the UK in January/February.

As for clamping accommodation, what happened to the "I like my own bed" brigade?

Navigateur replied on 15/01/2022 09:01

Posted on 15/01/2022 09:01

Just had a thought with reference to the booking system.  We were told by a very good source that it was not a new system but a "pre-loved" one.  I wonder if it is the Camping Club system?  That would fit very neatly with my theory that the two organisations are on a course to merge.

replied on 15/01/2022 09:05

Posted on 15/01/2022 08:51 by cyberyacht

It was suggested that my comment on the difficulty of putting a clamping tour together was based on assumption rather than experience. True but if booking sites/CLs over the past couple of years is anything to go by then it's not going to be easy.

An EV plus a tent has been suggested and a possible way to continue touring. In the short to medium term that will present charging issues. Many on here use their LVs all year. Hands up, who wants to be under canvas in the UK in January/February.

As for clamping accommodation, what happened to the "I like my own bed" brigade?

Posted on 15/01/2022 09:05

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

brue replied on 15/01/2022 09:15

Posted on 15/01/2022 09:01 by Navigateur

Just had a thought with reference to the booking system.  We were told by a very good source that it was not a new system but a "pre-loved" one.  I wonder if it is the Camping Club system?  That would fit very neatly with my theory that the two organisations are on a course to merge.

Posted on 15/01/2022 09:15

Ooh I do like a conspiracy theory Nav....but just think, as the C&CC have lost all their "my bookings" at present I just see total chaos! laughing 

Arch replied on 15/01/2022 09:27

Posted on 14/01/2022 20:17 by TandemTwo

Guys, enough of the dead cat, time to get back on topic ... 

Posted on 15/01/2022 09:27

TT I advise you and any new readers to read the thread up to the point it changes to a discussion on data transfer most of the points have been covered at that point if you have a comment or question jump in from one of the comments there, it's drifted off subject so much now you wouldn't know it was the same thread.

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 15/01/2022 09:28

Posted on 15/01/2022 09:05 by

I think you really have a point. If these cabins and pods are as popular as claimed  whats the chance of one being free at ones next destination exactly on the day its wanted?

Posted on 15/01/2022 09:28

Don’t worry about availability, some of the higher end run into £thousands for a large family/2 families. I’ve done the research. They are a bargain out of season & good value, in season?, not so much. I think the camping/tenting with trailers was not aimed at the less adventurous/less interested. I went back to camping for the solitude & stress free break, this year we will be glamping for a family of 8 in season & the house is up for sale๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚.

DavidKlyne replied on 15/01/2022 10:29

Posted on 15/01/2022 09:01 by Navigateur

Posted on 15/01/2022 10:29

I don't think the C&CC can teach the CMC anything about IT from my observations!!!!!  I got the impression the system came from a major holiday booking organisation, not sure I would view either Club as "major"? I would have thought there are quite a lot of advantages in buying in a system that is known to work rather than trying to write a bespoke system that will no doubt have a lot of initial gremlins. This is going to be such a major change its got to work first time otherwise you are going to have a lot of upset customers. 

Whether in the future the two Clubs merge I suspect will be down to how the hobby goes in the post ICE era and whether market share can be maintain, pods or no pods!

David 

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook