New Site Booking System

DavidKlyne replied on 25/11/2021 11:54

Posted on 25/11/2021 11:54

The Club have released more details of the new Booking System here 

There are still finer details still to be arrived but the link (thanks Harry) sets out how the new system will work.

I have closed the previous thread on when we will get details of the new booking system and opened this one to allow comments specifically on the new system rather than discussing what they might be.

David

brue replied on 15/01/2022 10:48

Posted on 15/01/2022 10:48

The name change brought such an explosion of posts on here and I can't imagine what the new system will bring. I do hope the club does something to lessen the shock of the new!

Takethedogalong replied on 15/01/2022 11:11

Posted on 15/01/2022 09:05 by

I think you really have a point. If these cabins and pods are as popular as claimed  whats the chance of one being free at ones next destination exactly on the day its wanted?

Posted on 15/01/2022 11:11

I doubt you could tour via them as easily as with a caravan or MH. But then as I pointed out earlier, is staying on one Site pitch for a fortnight really touring?

They are popular though from what we have seen. We have friends who use the Club’s glamping pods (the posh ones, not the wooden tent type) and during the Summer months, they are booked solid. They have used them in Winter as well, at very heavily discounted prices. They are warm and cosy, have ensuite facilities, everything you could need in terms of cooking, eating, relaxing and sleeping. It’s enabled our friends to continue to use the Club, which they love, and their daughter and SIL take their van and are not far away. The EF booking system is very good as well, you do pay everything up front I believe, so it’s total commitment.

We stayed on a lovely farm CL last week that put three similar glamping pods in last year. No one in them last week, but full over Christmas and New Year, and family are going to put in another, and build a little laundry that CL users will benefit from as well. So they are very much a thriving concept, both via the Club and elsewhere.

Takethedogalong replied on 15/01/2022 11:17

Posted on 15/01/2022 09:28 by Rocky 2 buckets

Don’t worry about availability, some of the higher end run into £thousands for a large family/2 families. I’ve done the research. They are a bargain out of season & good value, in season?, not so much. I think the camping/tenting with trailers was not aimed at the less adventurous/less interested. I went back to camping for the solitude & stress free break, this year we will be glamping for a family of 8 in season & the house is up for sale😂😂.

Posted on 15/01/2022 11:17

I know of a stunning house for holidays right on Scottish Borders, 4 bedrooms, brilliant dog walking, beaches, location.😉 Hot tub as well. Remote enough to be quiet, connected enough to get out and about👍

young thomas replied on 15/01/2022 11:27

Posted on 15/01/2022 09:15 by brue

Ooh I do like a conspiracy theory Nav....but just think, as the C&CC have lost all their "my bookings" at present I just see total chaos! laughing 

Posted on 15/01/2022 11:27

I thought the club said it was an 'extension of use' of the 'successful' roll out of the 'new' overseas booking system?

peedee replied on 15/01/2022 11:29

Posted on 15/01/2022 11:29

The problem with drift especially when it is excessive is it buries the the subject matter in a heap of dross and makes it difficult for a new reader to find relevent useful comments. It is fine for those who frequent the forum 24/7  and are following the thread but think about the poor casual viewer trying to read the meat of an OP. Yesterday I was beginning to wonder  (and I am being polite) why the discussion wasn't posted in the General Chat area!

peedee

Takethedogalong replied on 15/01/2022 11:36

Posted on 15/01/2022 11:36

Thanks for adding to the “dross” PD, just as things were back on track😂

Some folks have the capacity to converse, others are all intensely focussed on one track and remain largely silent. The world needs both….. I think🤔😉

replied on 15/01/2022 11:43

Posted on 15/01/2022 11:43

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

Takethedogalong replied on 15/01/2022 11:45

Posted on 15/01/2022 11:45

Perhaps someone who has used the overseas booking experience can tell us how good it is? It looks as they the UK Sites booking is going to be very similar. 

replied on 15/01/2022 11:47

Posted on 15/01/2022 11:29 by peedee

The problem with drift especially when it is excessive is it buries the the subject matter in a heap of dross and makes it difficult for a new reader to find relevent useful comments. It is fine for those who frequent the forum 24/7  and are following the thread but think about the poor casual viewer trying to read the meat of an OP. Yesterday I was beginning to wonder  (and I am being polite) why the discussion wasn't posted in the General Chat area!

peedee

Posted on 15/01/2022 11:47

The user and all related content has been Deleted User
Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook