New Site Booking System

DavidKlyne replied on 25/11/2021 11:54

Posted on 25/11/2021 11:54

The Club have released more details of the new Booking System here 

There are still finer details still to be arrived but the link (thanks Harry) sets out how the new system will work.

I have closed the previous thread on when we will get details of the new booking system and opened this one to allow comments specifically on the new system rather than discussing what they might be.

David

Tinwheeler replied on 31/01/2022 19:01

Posted on 31/01/2022 18:49 by rexandbellasdad

Thank you for your detailed reply on this matter. I take on board everything you say and am grateful for that guidance. I have just written to you about the matter and await your reply.

Posted on 31/01/2022 19:01

Sorry, I don’t understand. Who have you written to? 

DavidKlyne replied on 31/01/2022 20:05

Posted on 31/01/2022 18:55 by rexandbellasdad

Please note that we are still members of CAMC and intend to remain so. I have commented that after our miserable visit to Incleboro, we went to River Breamish in Northumberland and enjoyed a wonderful time there and have booked to go there this summer. I am in no doubt that most sites are still excellent and that some more popular coastal ones have problems unique to them especially after foreign holidays ended during lockdown last year.

Posted on 31/01/2022 20:05

If you like that part of Norfolk you could try Seacroft which we now find more convenient than Incleboro Fields with the motorhome. 

David

DavidKlyne replied on 31/01/2022 20:12

Posted on 31/01/2022 18:19 by DSB

Whatever report-back system there is, I guess it's open to interpretation/ criticism/ question.  Interestingly I found this....  perhaps one reason to put faith in TrustPilot??? 🙂  Possibly for the benefit of folk who might be considering joining a Club, but are not sure which one to join...

David

Posted on 31/01/2022 20:12

David

I appreciate that all of us on here would love better communication from the CMC but I suspect the reason for the abysmal ratings for the C&CC is because of, apparently, the total lack of communication with its members which is often highlighted on their own forum. The C&CC have a lot of good things in their favour but the quality of information, quality of systems and the interaction from management is very poor. 

David

nelliethehooker replied on 31/01/2022 20:58

Posted on 31/01/2022 16:40 by Tinwheeler

The problem with negative reviews is that they often complain about and name staff who cannot respond. By doing so they breach the guidelines for writing reviews so need to be removed.

There is an avenue for making a complaint where your words will reach the ears of someone senior. That avenue is not via this forum or the review system but can be found through 'Contact us'. Go get stuck in!

Posted on 31/01/2022 20:58

Not so, all one gets is an acknowledgement of your post and then they ignore it completely. They like to make out that they respond but do they fig!! 

I'm still waiting for a reply to a complaint I sent in, as described, over 6 months ago. They just hope that the complainer gets tired of waiting for a response and gives up the ghost in it. Definitely not a customer friendly attitude.yell

Tinwheeler replied on 31/01/2022 21:17

Posted on 31/01/2022 20:58 by nelliethehooker

Not so, all one gets is an acknowledgement of your post and then they ignore it completely. They like to make out that they respond but do they fig!! 

I'm still waiting for a reply to a complaint I sent in, as described, over 6 months ago. They just hope that the complainer gets tired of waiting for a response and gives up the ghost in it. Definitely not a customer friendly attitude.yell

Posted on 31/01/2022 21:17

Not if you make it a formal complaint, Nellie. They are duty bound to respond within a set time.

Tinwheeler replied on 31/01/2022 22:13

Posted on 31/01/2022 21:31 by nelliethehooker

Definitely not, I made a formal complaint and am still waiting for a reasoned response. I followed on with the process that Ro indicated in her post to me.

Posted on 31/01/2022 22:13

Definitely so, Nellie. My experience was entirely different.

Have you not chased them?

JVB66 replied on 01/02/2022 14:31

Posted on 01/02/2022 14:31

Some years ago , I had cause to make a very strong compliant,. Not to this club,?  it took Seven Years to get it resolved surprised but I was not going to let them hope I would give up with it what is how it seems many organisations try to wear you downwink,

Arch replied on 01/02/2022 14:56

Posted on 01/02/2022 14:56

Just had February newsletter email it mentions the new booking system  the same old "You said" but it does have screen shots of the new booking layout.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook