North Coast 500 Advice

wedgy replied on 17/01/2021 17:35

Posted on 17/01/2021 17:35

Thinking of doing the NC500 this year but not dragging the van behind, so any advise on best route inc Hotel / B&B accommodation would be greatly appreciated. Proposed dates would be around  end of April for 2 week inc. travel from West York's in our Sportage Gt Line S which I hope isn't too large a vehicle for the roads required.

Tinwheeler replied on 17/01/2021 17:39

Posted on 17/01/2021 17:39

Wedgy, people live there and HGVs and buses use those roads so I think the Sportage will fit!😂😂

Look up the Visit Scotland website for lists of accommodation. It's a useful guide.

ABM replied on 17/01/2021 18:02

Posted on 17/01/2021 18:02

Just look up the Scottish  Covid Travel Rules & Laws though, because you might get a fine, payable only in Scottish Pounds, every time you cross a Geographic Boundary,  as designated by Wee McBurney.  innocent

Seriously you're likely to have more problems with Ward Bond and his latest Wagon Train comprised of loads of furriners in their motorhomes etc.  Seriously they can and do cause a problem on the narrower parts and fill up the passing places without a care .

SeasideBill replied on 17/01/2021 18:20

Posted on 17/01/2021 18:20

If you’re actually able to go at that time, be prepared for it being extremely busy. We did some of the eastern route in September last year and I kid you not, every second vehicle on the road was a campervan. Quite a few sites were closed and many of sites throughout Scotland were full - plan & book ahead essential. 

DavidKlyne replied on 17/01/2021 20:50

Posted on 17/01/2021 17:35 by wedgy

Thinking of doing the NC500 this year but not dragging the van behind, so any advise on best route inc Hotel / B&B accommodation would be greatly appreciated. Proposed dates would be around  end of April for 2 week inc. travel from West York's in our Sportage Gt Line S which I hope isn't too large a vehicle for the roads required.

Posted on 17/01/2021 20:50

Have a look on Youtube there are lots of videos of the route. Personally can't see you having an issue with your Kia.

David

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook