Payment by Club Gift Vouchers - new world order

KeefySher replied on 12/07/2020 15:50

Posted on 12/07/2020 15:50

Have trawled through threads, but no specific mention of how in the new world order we pay site fees with our recently purchased Gift Vouchers under the offer of buy £100, get £120 worth.

Read of wardens calling a few days in advance to take payment over the phone, pay at check in at office by card, but nothing specific about payment using hard paper gift voucher.

Our vouchers arrived in a card wallet, but the whole amount. Not touched them yet. Was thinking of separating wearing latex gloves into envelope with equivalent value to nearest amount of fees at each site we are visiting next month. Then handing sealed envelope over plus tap the terminal using a contactless card at check in for the few bob difference.

or to save more handling than absolutely necessary could we pay both sites at the first site as we are doing Sun to thurs at one then later Thursday checking into the second on the other side of the country, using the majority of the vouchers as we are now getting a 15% reduction in VAT.

Had only bought the vouchers to cover this trip when we found sites were open.

JVB66 replied on 12/07/2020 16:43

Posted on 12/07/2020 16:43

If the info that has appeared on here is what seems is happening,   it can all be done at the site I think the pay in advance was just for "frenzy day"over the weekend of the 4th july 

birderbilly replied on 12/07/2020 21:53

Posted on 12/07/2020 21:53

You show the warden the voucher, tear it in half and put in a box/bin, thus not touched by the warden.

Ernie S replied on 12/07/2020 22:46

Posted on 12/07/2020 22:46

Just paid for a weekend away using vouchers.

Simply counted them out Infront of the warden into a plastic container and paid the one pound fifty extra by contactless. Couldn't have been easier.

TomHenry replied on 14/09/2020 12:07

Posted on 14/09/2020 12:07

does anyone know how to pay 57 pence, i,e., the small amount beyond my £10 denomination vouchers   Am seriously shielded and wish minimal inter-contact.  Last site refused to accept a two pound coin for the small amount despite me saying no change was required. 

Takethedogalong replied on 14/09/2020 12:32

Posted on 14/09/2020 12:32

πŸ€”When I have worked out “seriously shielding” and out and about on Club Sites TH, I will get back to you.

First thought is to stick 57 pence in a sealed container of vinegar, or Zoflora and hand this over to Wardens. They either take it or leave it. 

KeefySher replied on 14/09/2020 17:46

Posted on 14/09/2020 17:46

By the time we used the gift vouchers there was the reduction in VAT applied to the fees. That meant at each site we paid a rounded up amount to the nearest voucher value with no requirement for change or additional card payment.

Think vouchers with the discount should become a regular feature going forward. Certainly made peak school holidays on a CAMC site attractive price wise for us as a family and would make us consider using them, unlike in recent years where we find prices too high.

Think we have a couple of £10 vouchers left kiss

EmilysDad replied on 14/09/2020 22:25

Posted on 14/09/2020 17:46 by KeefySher

By the time we used the gift vouchers there was the reduction in VAT applied to the fees. That meant at each site we paid a rounded up amount to the nearest voucher value with no requirement for change or additional card payment.

Think vouchers with the discount should become a regular feature going forward. Certainly made peak school holidays on a CAMC site attractive price wise for us as a family and would make us consider using them, unlike in recent years where we find prices too high.

Think we have a couple of Β£10 vouchers left kiss

Posted on 14/09/2020 22:25

... Think we have a couple of £10 vouchers left kiss

Get them spent Keith πŸ˜‰πŸ‘

DSB replied on 17/09/2020 00:23

Posted on 17/09/2020 00:23

The sites that we have been to accepted the vouchers in the normal way without any problem.  At most sites, I went I to the office in the normal way, although sometimes having to queue outside.  This week at Tredegar, we had to pay through the window...... πŸ™‚  I also have some vouchers left, but they will go within the next few weeks....

David

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook